The Error Code 1017 in Disney Plus means that the cache or installation of the Disney Plus app is corrupt. Moreover, the wrong configuration of the DNS settings of your device (or router) may also cause the issue at hand.
The issue arises when the user tries to use Disney Plus (regardless of the platform, browser, Android, iOS, TV, etc.) but encounters the following message:
We Are Having a Problem. Please Exit the App and Try Again.
Error Code: 1017 – Services_Startup_Failure
Before attempting the undermentioned solutions to fix the error code 1017 in Disney Plus, make sure your device is compatible with Disney Plus (even if it was working fine before, because an OS or app update may push your device into incompatible devices).
1. Restart the Device and Networking Equipment
A temporary communication glitch between your device and Disney’s servers may cause the Disney Plus app to show the error code 1017. In this context, restarting your device and networking equipment (like modem or router) may solve the issue.
- Firstly, power off your device (e.g., Samsung TV) and the networking equipment (modem, router, etc.).
- Now unplug all the devices (TV, modem, router, etc.) from the power source and disconnect from each other.
- Then wait for 5 minutes and connect back the devices with each other.
- Now plug back the devices to the power source and power the devices back on.
- Then launch the Disney Plus app and check if it is clear of the error code 1017.
2. Clear Cache of the Disney Plus App
The Disney Plus App may show the error code 1017 if its cache is corrupt. In this context, clearing the cache of the Disney Plus app may solve the issue.
2.1 Clear Cache of the Android Disney Plus App
- Launch the Settings of your Android device and open the Application Manager (or Apps/Applications).
- Now select Disney Plus and tap on the Force Stop button.
- Then confirm to force stop the Disney Plus app and open Storage.
- Now tap on the Clear Cache button and restart your device to check if the Disney Plus app is clear of the error 1017.
2.2 Clear Cache of the Disney Plus App for the Samsung TV
- Open the TV Settings and press the Up button on your remote (make sure not to click on any item).
- Now, in the menu shown, scroll down till the end of the screen and open TV Device Manager.
- Then keep scrolling right till the Show App List is shown and scroll to find the Disney Plus app.
- Now select Show Details and Clear Cache of the Disney Plus app.
- Then restart your TV and check if the error code 1017 issue is resolved.
- If that did not do the trick, launch Settings of your TV and open Broadcasting.
- Now open Expert Settings and select HbbTV Settings.
- Now select Delete Browsing Data and confirm to delete the browsing data.
- Then restart your TV and upon restart, check if the Disney Plus app is working fine.
3. Edit the DNS Settings of Your Device
The Disney Plus app may show the error code 1017 if the DNS settings of your device are not properly configured. In this scenario, properly configuring the DNS settings of your device may solve the error 1017 of the Disney Plus app.
3.1 Edit the DNS Settings of Your Android Device
- Swipe up (or down) to open the quick settings of your phone and long-press the Wi-Fi icon.
- Now long-press your Wi-Fi network and select Modify Network.
- Then select Show Advanced Options and tap on IP Settings.
- Now choose Static and enter the following values:
DNS 1: 22.214.171.124 DNS 2: 126.96.36.199
- Then save your changes and check if the Disney Plus app is working fine.
3.2 Edit the DNS Settings of the Samsung TV
- Launch the Settings of your Samsung TV and head to the Network tab.
- Now open Network Status and select IP Settings.
- Then check if DNS Server is set to Automatic, if so, set it to Google DNS (or any other DNS server), i.e.,
Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52 Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
- If the DNS server is already set to Google (or another one), then set it as Automatic.
- Once the DNS Server is changed (either Automatic or Google), launch the Disney Plus app to check if it is clear of the error 1017.
If that did not do the trick, check if changing the DNS Settings (either Automatic or Google) of your router (if supported) sorts out the error 1017.
4. Reinstall the Disney Plus App
You may encounter the error code 1017 in the Disney+ app if its installation is corrupt. In this context, reinstalling the Disney Plus app may solve the error code 1017.
4.1 Reinstall the Android Version of Disney Plus
- Launch the Settings of your phone and open Apps (Application Manager or Applications).
- Then select the Disney Plus app and tap on the Uninstall button (but before that make sure to Clear Cache and Data in the Storage settings, as discussed above).
- Now confirm to Uninstall the Disney Plus app and then restart your device.
- Upon restart, reinstall the Disney Plus app and check if it is clear of the error 1017.
4.2 Reinstall the Disney Plus App for the Samsung TV
- Launch the Settings of your TV and open Apps.
- Now select My Apps and open Options (located near the bottom right of the screen).
- Then highlight the Disney Plus app and press & hold the selection button of your remote till another menu pops out.
- Now select Reinstall and let the process complete.
- Then restart your TV and upon restart, launch Disney Plus to check if it is clear of the error code 1017.
5. Reset Smart Hub of the Samsung TV
If the error 1017 persists even after reinstalling Disney Plus or you are one of those unlucky users who cannot uninstall Disney Plus because their manufacturers (like Samsung) have made the Disney Plus app as a system app (which cannot be uninstalled). In this case, resetting the Smart Hub (which is used to download third-party applications to your TV) to defaults (or doing something similar on the other devices) may solve the problem. Before proceeding, make sure to note down the apps’ logins.
- Launch the Settings of your Samsung TV and select Support.
- Now open Self Diagnostics and select Reset Smart Hub.
- Then confirm to reset the Smart Hub and launch Disney Plus (you may have to install it) to check if it is working fine.
6. Edit the Router and Network Settings
The Disney Plus app may show the error code 1017 if the router or network settings of your device are not properly configured. In this context, editing the related router or network settings may solve the Disney Plus error 1017.
- Firstly, connect your device (e.g., Samsung TV) directly to the Internet without a router/modem and check if the Disney Plus app works fine. If not, then you may contact your ISP to check if it is restricting a resource essential for Disney+ or try another network (like the hotspot of your phone) or use a VPN.
- If the issue is resolved after connecting the device directly to the internet, then check for a router/modem configuration that is causing the issue.
Following configurations are reported by users to sort out the issue (you may check if any of these sorts out the issue for you):
- Check if putting the modem in pass-through mode solves the Disney Plus issue.
- Check if connecting your device (e.g., Samsung TV) to the IPTV port of the router (you can find the port in the IPTV tab of your router’s settings) sorts out the error 1017.
If the issue persists, then you may contact Disney+ customer service and ask them to unblock your IP address.