Cult of the Lamb Stuck on loading screen problem commonly occurs after installing the latest update. As per the gamers, the game freezes after the first startup screen, thereby not letting the game from loading.
Before going directly for the solutions, let’s look at the causes first.
- Missing admin privileges – Missing admin rights is the primary reason causing the loading screen stuck problem on Cult of lamb. So, if you are not running the game with administrative privileges, you may encounter this problem.
- System incompatibility – System incompatibility is another major cause of this issue. Your system must meet the minimum game requirements to run without issues. When facing such a problem, check your system requirements first.
- Corrupt game files – This problem can occur if your installed game files are missing or corrupted. Therefore, fix the issue by verifying the game files’ integrity in such cases.
- Outdated display drivers – If you use an outdated display driver, you may face this problem. So, in case you have not updated your driver for a long time, it is suggested to update your driver.
- Conflicting overlay apps – Overlay apps might conflict with the game app, causing the game to be stuck on the loading screen. So, when overlay apps are the reason behind the issue, try fixing the problem by simply disabling the overlay apps.
- Outdated Windows version- If you are running an older version of Windows, you may encounter this problem while launching the game. So, in case you haven’t updated your Windows OS for a long time, then it is suggested to download the latest version.
- System’s internal issues- Your system’s internal problems might sometimes cause this issue. Performing a clean boot on your PC will help you eliminate this problematic scenario.
- Outdated or corrupted game installation- You may get this problem if you use the outdated game version. Also, if the installation process gets interrupted or remains incomplete, it can lead to this issue while installing the game. Fix the problem by reinstalling the game.
- Conflicting Antivirus Software- In most cases, installed Security Programs or Firewalls on your PC suspect some game files to be malicious or harmful, thereby creating this issue. We recommend you disable the Windows Firewall or Antivirus program to get past the problem.
Now that we know the causes let’s look at this issue’s fixes.
1. Check-out System Requirements
If the system configuration is incompatible with the minimum game requirements, you may not be able to enjoy the game or get such issues. So, your system must be compatible with the game to run smoothly without errors.
So, it is advised to check your system requirements first before going for any technical troubleshooting. Verify with the below-mentioned minimum system requirement for Cult of Lamb.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS– Windows 7 or higher (64-bit version)
- Graphics– Radeon HD 7750 (1024 VRAM)/ GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1024 VRAM)
- Processor– AMD FX-4300 (4 CPUs * 3800)/ Intel Core i3-3240 (2 CPUs * 3400)
- Storage: 4 GB free space
- Memory-4 GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- OS– Windows 10 (64-bit version)
- Graphics– Radeon R9 380 (2048 VRAM)/ GeForce GTX 1050 (2048 VRAM)
- Processor– Intel Core i5-3470
- Storage– 4 GB free space
- Memory– 8 GB
Check for your system specs by following the instructions below:
- Press and hold the Win key and then press the I key to launch the Settings app directly.
- Next, on the Settings panel, click on About.
- Look for your system specs there.
If found compatible, proceed forward to the next solution.
2. Run Cult of the Lamb & Steam with Admin Privileges
Most games need administrative rights to run smoothly, and missing admin rights allows third-party apps to interfere in the game and Steam operations. Therefore, running the game and Steam both as an administrator is recommended. Follow the below steps to run the Steam and the game as administrator:
- Launch the Steam client on your system.
- Make a right-click on the Steam Client and select the option open file location.
- Next, right-click on Steam and select the option properties.
- On the Properties section, go for the Compatibility tab and check to mark the option box for Run this program as administrator.
- Click Apply button and then click Ok.
- Now, right-click on the Cult of the Lamb game and select the Properties option.
- Then, go to the Compatibility tab and check to mark the option box for Run this program as administrator.
- Lastly, click on Apply and then press Ok.
Once done with the above steps, launch the game and verify if the issue is fixed or not.
3. Verify Game Files Integrity
While installing, some game files go missing or get corrupted, causing problems during game launch or gameplay. In this case, verifying the game files’ integrity helps you to solve the issue by repairing the corrupted files. Follow the instructions below to verify the integrity of the game files:
- Launch the Steam client and visit the Game library.
- Next, right-click on the Cult of the Lamb game and select the option Properties.
- On the Properties section, select the Local Files option and the Verify the integrity of the game files option.
- Now, wait until Steam detects the problematic files and repair or recover the corrupted or missing files.
- Lastly, reboot your system and check if the problem is resolved or not.
4. Reinstall Display Drivers
Using outdated or corrupted drivers can conflict with the latest games or programs and cause such issues. Therefore, it is suggested to reinstall the latest drivers using the DDU.
Display Driver Uninstaller uninstalls your system drivers completely without leaving any leftovers. However, you can also use device manager instead of DDU, but for a more effective result, it is recommended to use DDU and reinstall the driver.
Follow the below steps as mentioned to use DDU:
- Download the software from the link mentioned.
- Once downloaded, extract the file.
- Next, click the Start button and look for Settings in the search bar. Once it appears, select it by clicking on it.
- Under Settings, click on the Update & Security option.
- Here, select the Recovery option on the left side.
- Next, under the Advanced Startup section, choose the option Restart Now.
- Now, click on the option Troubleshoot and then select the Advanced options.
- After that, choose the Startup Settings option and tap the Restart button.
- Then, select the Enable Safe Mode option from the appeared list and wait until your PC restarts in safe mode.
- Now, launch the Display Driver Uninstaller.exe and select your preferences.
- Select your device type and graphics card manufacturer and tap the Clean and Restart option.
Once your PC reboots, download the graphics driver by visiting the graphic card manufacturer’s website and install the latest available version compatible with your system.
After successfully installing the driver, reboot your PC and launch the Cult of the Lamb game to check for the problem is resolved or not.
5. Disable Overlay Apps
Most apps have their own in-game overlays that run in the background. These overlays might sometimes conflict with the game app and cause such issues. And disabling those running in-game overlays may work for you to resolve the problem. To disable the in-game overlays, follow the steps mentioned below:
5.1 For Discord:
- Firstly, launch Discord and go for the Settings option.
- Under Settings, select the overlay option and disable the in-game overlay.
- Next, go to the Games section and select the Cult of the Lamb game.
- And disable the in-game overlay there too.
- Finally, restart your system and verify if the Cult of the Lamb stuck on the loading screen issue is resolved or not.
5.2 For Nvidia:
- Firstly, open the Nvidia Geforce Experience app on your system.
- Next, tap the Settings icon.
- On the appeared next screen, go to the General section and toggle off the button for the In-game Nvidia overlay.
- Lastly, exit the window.
5.3 For Steam:
- Launch the Steam client and go for the Steam option in the upper-right corner.
- Next, click on the Settings option.
- On the Settings panel, click on the In-game option on the screen’s left side.
- Now, unmark the option box for Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- Finally, click OK.
Restart your device and launch the game to check if the stuck-on loading screen issue is resolved or not.
6. Switch to the Windowed Mode
Running the game in windowed mode is another potential solution that worked for many users in resolving this issue. So, here we recommend you to play the Cult of the Lamb game in Windowed mode. For this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Cult of the Lamb on your system.
- Next, visit the Video Settings.
- Then, select Display and go to Display mode.
- Here, mark the Windowed mode option.
7. Update Windows OS
Using an older or outdated Windows version can also cause various troubles. In this case, fix the issue by installing the latest version. Follow the below instructions for updating OS:
- Launch the Settings app by holding the Windows key and then pressing the I key on the keyboard.
- Next, click on Update & Security.
- And then, click on check for the updates in the Windows Update section.
- If any update is found, download it by clicking the Download & Install option.
- Lastly, wait until Windows download the latest update. Once the download gets completed, restart your PC and check for the issue.
8. Disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program
The antivirus and the firewall in your computer often block the game, considering them a threat, and as a result, the game won’t be able to establish a connection with the server. So here it is recommended to disable Windows defender and these security systems. To disable the antiviruses and firewalls, follow the steps given:
Follow the steps below to disable Windows Defender:
- Launch the Settings menu by holding the Windows key and then pressing the I key.
- Next, go for Privacy & Security.
- Then, select the Windows Security option and then select the option Virus and Threat Protection.
- Afterward, go for the Manage Settings option under the Virus and threat settings section.
- Lastly, turn off the Real-time protection and reboot your system.
Follow the steps below to disable Third-Party Antiviruses:
- Firstly, launch the antivirus application and select the settings.
- Next, tap the Disable option to turn off the antivirus program.
- Lastly, reboot your PC and launch the Cult of the Lamb game and check if the issue still persists or not.
Follow the steps below to turn off Windows Defender Firewall:
- Open the Settings Menu by holding the Win key and then pressing the I key.
- Now, go for the option Privacy & Security.
- After that, select the Windows Security option and choose the option Firewall & network protection.
- Then, select all three network modes and turn off the firewalls.
- Finally, restart your PC to let the changes take effect.
Once done with disabling the security programs launch the Cult of the Lamb game to verify if it’s still stuck on the loading screen or not.
9. Perform a Clean Boot
Try performing a clean boot on your PC if none of the above-listed fixes works for you. Performing clean boot will close all the 3rd party startups that are interfering with the game, causing this problem.
Perform clean boot by following the instructions below:
- Hold the Win key and press the R key to launch the Run dialogue box.
- On the box, type msconfig and press Enter.
- Now, visit the Services tab under the System Configuration and checkmark the option box for the Hide all Microsoft services available on the bottom-left side.
- Then, click on the Disable All option in the bottom-right corner.
- Go for the Startup tab and select the option Open task manager.
- Now, go for the Processes tab.
- And choose all the unnecessary apps you think may conflict with the game and tap the disable option.
- Once done, tap OK.
- Finally, reboot your PC and launch the game to check for the problem.
10. Reinstall Cult of the Lamb
The incomplete or interrupted game installation may cause such issues. You may see this problem if the process remains completed while installing the game or gets interrupted. In this case, try fixing the issue by reinstalling the game app.
Below are the steps for reinstallation:
- Open the Steam launcher.
- Then, click on the Library option.
- Here, locate the Cult of the Lamb game, and once found, make right-click on it.
- Click on the Manage option and tap Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled, reinstall the game app and check for the issue.