Changing IP proxy settings on BlueStacks is a great way to access a proxy server for better network connection speeds and improved responsiveness of BlueStacks apps and games on macOS or Windows. BlueStacks change IP proxy settings to allow users to access apps that are geo-restricted as they hide their online identity which is important to remain safe on the Internet.
Changing IP proxy settings sounds like a hard nut to crack for beginners, but the truth is that it can be intimidating for the not soo tech savvies.
In this article, we simply do this with the best simple ways to change IP proxy settings on BlueStacks, but before we do that, we need to look into the basics first. So keep reading.
What is a proxy server and how does it work?
A proxy server can be termed as a router, system, or mediator between your browsing device and the Internet. The destination cannot get details of your private network and cannot use that to maliciously get your details. A proxy server uses a different IP address from what your Internet provider issues to you.
When you make a request, such as a query search or load a web address, it first passes through the proxy server before it reaches the destination. The proxy serves routes traffic through different locations which makes users to stay anonymous online.
How do I change IP Proxy Settings on BlueStacks?
If you want to change IP proxy settings on BlueStacks in your PC to hide your identity, better internet connection speeds, or bypass geographical restrictions of some games or apps, use free third-party tools or try the simple ways we will discuss shortly. There are three main ways for BlueStack to change IP proxy settings.
- Use Command Prompt: Changing IP proxy on BlueStacks using Windows Command Prompt can be applied in all BlueStacks versions. You only need to run specific commands and you must have installed the BlueStacks app on your computer.
- Use BlueStacks settings: You can tweak BlueStacks settings to change IP proxy configurations. However, this method is limited and cannot apply to certain versions like BlueStacks 5 or later.
- Use third-party software: There are some legit third-party computer programs that can change IP proxy settings on Bluestacks. We recommend that you do due diligence before you settle on any third-party software. Some of them might not work well on your computer or some have malicious intentions.
TIP: We covered another article about the best BlueStacks alternatives that you might be interested to check.
1. Use Command Prompt
- First, ensure that BlueStacks is open and running on your PC.
- Next, open Command Prompt by pressing the Windows button + R, type cmd, and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Type or copy and paste the following command and hit Enter.
- If you want to set a new proxy run the following command:
HD-ConfigHttpProxy.exe set <host> <Port>
Remember to replace Host and Port with the exact host or IP address. It should look something like this:
HD-ConfigHttpProxy.exe set 22.214.171.1248 9999
- After running the command, you will get a notification if the process was successful.
- Finally, close all programs and restart your computer.
2. Use BlueStacks settings
- Launch the BlueStacks app and locate the Settings button at the top right side of the window; click it to continue.
- Go to Preferences and then click on the Network option.
- Here, choose your preferences such as manual or system proxy settings for HTTPS and HTTP configurations.
- For manual IP proxy settings, enter your proxy server address and port values, and then hit Save to effect the changes.
- Finally, restart your BlueStacks app and start using apps and games anonymously.
3. Use third-party software
For this method, we will use Proxifier as an example to change IP proxy settings on BlueStacks. The program is compatible with Mac and Windows.
- Go to the official Proxifier download page, download, and install the app on your computer.
- Open Proxifier and select Profile.
- Click on Proxy Servers and then select Add.
- Now, enter all applicable details such as protocols, usernames, passwords, IP or hostname, and port values.
- Once all proxy details are good to go, go back to the Profile section and click Select Target Applications.
- Next, click Add and select BlueStacks from the list of programs installed on your computer.
- Finally, click OK and relaunch Proxifier and BlueStacks apps.
NOTE: You can use any other legitimate third-party program to change IP proxy settings on Bluestacks.
Need more help?
We believe one of the methods will work for you, but in the unlikely event none did, we recommend you contact the BlueStacks support team. They will be able to give you the best-personalized solution. Alternatively, you can leave a message in the comment section below.
BlueStacks change IP proxy settings - FAQs
To set proxy settings in BlueStacks, use the command HD-ConfigHttpProxy.exe in the Windows Command Prompt or use BlueStacks settings if you are using older versions of the app. You can also use third-party IP proxy software to change your IP address and use BlueStacks games or apps anonymously.
To change the IP address in BlueStacks, open the Android emulator and then go to Settings. Go to Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi > More > Advanced. Click on Use Static IP and select IP Address. Finally, enter the new IP address, save the changes, and relaunch the app.