BattleBit Remastered unable to start is often the outcome of insufficient permissions of the process in your environment or the interference of third-party overlays with the game files. The game uses the Easy Anti-cheat client to stop hacking in the game, which is why if the anti-cheat service is encountering issues, it can prevent the game from launching as a precautionary step.
We are going to examine the different causes of BattleBit Remastered not launching in this article. Furthermore, we will be listing several solutions to the problem in question that can help in resolving the issue altogether.
How to fix BattleBit Remastered won’t launch?
Let us get into the solutions that will help you mitigate the problem.
- Run BattleBit Remastered as Admin: Inadequate privileges for the BattleBit Remastered process in your environment can allow third-party apps to interfere with it. This prevents the game from launching. In such a situation, running the game with administrative privileges becomes imperative to ensure it attains the essential permissions to function properly.
- Disable Third-Party Overlays: BattleBit Remastered not launching can also be influenced by the inclusion of in-game overlays from other applications on your system. These overlays are included by interfering with the game, which can stop games from launching. To address this issue, you will need to deactivate third-party overlays.
- Repair Easy Anti-cheat Service: BattleBit Remastered employs the Easy Anti-cheat service as a preventive measure against cheating in their game. In the event that the anti-cheat service is experiencing malfunctions or encountering any disruptions, it prevents the game from launching as a precautionary measure. Thus, you will need to repair the anti-cheat service to fix the issue.
- Verify Integrity of Battlebit Remastered Game Files: If the game files on your system have been tampered with, or if specific files are absent from your game installation, the game will fail to launch. If this situation arises, you will need to repair the game files using the ‘verify integrity of the game files’ feature on Steam.
- Install Microsoft Runtime Libraries: If your computer lacks the essential Visual C++ Redistributables required by Battlebit Remastered, the game’s functionality will be comprised which can lead to not launching issues. Thus, it is crucial to install all the necessary Visual C++ Redistributables runtime libraries.
- Clear Steam Download Cache: The Steam Download Cache serves as a repository for relevant files during ongoing updates or installations on the Steam client. However, in certain cases, the download cache can get corrupted which can affect the functionality of your Steam games. If this case is applicable, you will need to clear the Steam Download Cache to mitigate the issue.
- Perform SFC Scan: The system files on your machine are important as they are often used by other apps to access system resources and much more. However, if the system files are corrupted or damaged, the operability of the apps will be compromised. In such an instance, you will need to perform an SFC scan to resolve the issue.
- Reinstall BattleBit Remastered: Lastly, if the solutions above do not mitigate the issue, you will have to reinstall the game on your system. This is because verifying the integrity of game files may not always detect and fix the issue, especially if it is related to game dependencies. In this instance, a reinstall of the game will help you overcome the problem.
1. Run BattleBit Remastered as Admin
- Open the Steam app on your computer.
- Then, open the games library and right-click on BattleBit Remastered.
- Click the Manage > Browse local files option.
- On the File Explorer window, right-click on the BattlebitEAC.exe file and select Properties.
- Switch to the Compatibility tab on the Properties window.
- Then, select the Run this program as administrator option and hit Apply.
- Click OK. Do this for all of the executable (.exe) files in the folder.
2. Disable Third-Party Overlays
Follow the respective instructions for the different programs.
- Open the Discord app.
- Navigate to the Settings screen by clicking the settings icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Then, switch to the Game Overlay tab on the Settings menu.
- After that, use the Enable in-game overlay slider to turn off the Discord overlay.
- Open the Steam client.
- Then, click on the Steam option in the top-left corner.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- On the Settings screen, navigate to the In Game tab.
- Then, use the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game slider to turn the overlay off.
2.3. GeForce Experience
- Open the GeForce Experience program.
- Go to the Settings screen by clicking the settings icon.
- Then, toggle the Enable In-game overlay slider to turn it off.
3. Repair Easy Anti-cheat Service
- Open the Steam app.
- Go to the games library menu.
- Then, click the Play button for BattleBit Remastered.
- On the follow-up screen, select the Install and Repair Easy Anti-Cheat option.
4. Verify the Integrity of BattleBit Remastered Game Files
- First, open the Steam app.
- Then, right-click on BattleBit Remastered in the games library.
- Select the Properties option.
- On the Properties screen, switch to the Installed Files tab.
- After that, click the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Wait for the process to finish.
5. Install Microsoft Runtime Libraries
- Head to the official website for Visual C++ runtime libraries by clicking here.
- Download the runtime libraries for x64 and x86 architecture.
- Then, install the runtime libraries and restart your computer.
- Run the game.
6. Clear Steam Download Cache
- First, open up Steam.
- Then, open the Settings screen by clicking the Steam menu in the top-left corner and choosing Settings.
- Navigate to the Downloads tab.
- There, click the Clear Cache option.
7. Perform SFC Scan
- First, open an elevated command prompt window by searching for cmd in the Start Menu and clicking the Run as administrator option.
- In the command prompt window, type in the following command and hit Enter.
- After the scan is complete, enter the following command:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Wait for it to finish and restart your machine.
- Then, run the game.
8. Reinstall BattleBit Remastered
- Open up Steam on your device.
- Go to the games library and right-click on BattleBit Remastered.
- Then, select the Manage > Uninstall option.
- After that, click the Install option to download and install the game again.
- Wait for it to finish.
Upon implementing these solutions, the issue should go away. Make sure that the Easy Anti-cheat service is not running into issues to prevent this issue from occurring again. In addition, ensure that you have the required runtime libraries for the game on your machine if it does not launch and you will be good to go.
BattleBit Remastered still not launching?
If the problem persists even after trying the suggested solutions, the next course of action is to reach out to BattleBit’s official customer support. You can join their official Discord server and seek help in the dedicated support channels. You will be able to get in contact with the developers and the support team via the support channels to resolve the problem.