Batch scripts are the series of commands stored in a plain text file that can be executed by the command-line interpreter. Whereas executable files are used to perform various operations and tasks on a computer. Some users are wondering if there is a way of converting the batch script (BAT) to an executable file (EXE). In this article, you can find the methods that will tell you how to convert the batch scripts to executable files.
There are different methods that include the using of third-party software or using the Windows self-extracting package wizard. We are going to show you the simple converting of batch scripts to executable files. However, there can be some complications if the batch scripts have errors or complexity. We are using the batch script of ping checking as an example in this article. Some of the methods below will look like repeated, but all of the converting software has almost similar names.
Using the iexpress.exe to Convert BAT to EXE
Iexpress.exe is the setup creation wizard that is available in the Windows operating system. This tool is made from a bunch of commands that help the users to create a single self-extracting package from a set of files. This executable file is part of the Windows Internet Explorer. However, by using this executable file, the user can convert the batch script (BAT) to the executable file (EXE). Follow the below steps to get an EXE file through iexpress.exe:
- Hold the Windows key and press S to open the search feature. Type ‘iexpress.exe‘ in the search, right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
Note: After typing the name, you can also hold CTRL + Shift and press the Enter button to open it as an administrator.
- Choose the Create New SED option and click on the Next button.
- Do not change the Package Purpose and click Next. Provide the Package title for the dialog boxes.
- Click the Next button for both the Confirmation prompt and License agreement. Now click on the Add button in Packaged files, select your Batch Script and click on Open button.
- Click on the Install Program menu and select your batch script. After selecting type the command before the file name as shown below:
cmd /c appuals.exe
Note: appuals.exe is the batch script name that you choose in the Install Program menu.
- Press the Next button for both the Show Window and Finished message. Now provide the path and file name for the package by clicking the Browse button.
Note: You can select the options or leave them unchecked, it’s up to you.
- Click the Next button for both Configure Restart and Save SED. Finally, click Next for Create Package and then click the Finish button.
- Find the two files in the path that you provided. One will be the EXE file and the other will be SED. Double-click the EXE file to run it.
Using the BAT to EXE Converter
If the first method is confusing for you, then you can download one of the third-party applications. Most third-party tools are specially designed for this specific conversion of two files. BAT to EXE converter is one of the famous tools that most users use to convert batch scripts. Follow the below steps to try BAT to EXE converter:
- Open your browser and download the BAT to EXE Converter installer. Install the tool by running the installer.
- Double-click on the BAT to EXE Converter shortcut to open it. Click on the Open button icon at the top. Choose the batch script file and click on the Open button.
- Now click on the Convert button icon at the top and choose the name and location to save the converted file.
- The executable file for the batch script will be created.
Using the Advanced BAT to EXE Converter
This tool is different from the above one. Most of the tools have similar names but they are published by different developers. This will have some of the extra features that users can use according to their needs. However, converting the batch scripts is simple with this tool. Follow the below steps to convert the batch script to executable file by using the Advanced BAT to EXE converter:
- Open your browser and download the Advanced BAT to EXE Converter software. Then Install it on your computer.
- Hold the Windows key and press S to open the Windows search feature. Search for Advanced BAT to EXE and open the application.
- Click on the File menu in the menu bar and choose the Open option. Select the batch script and click on the Open button.
- Now click on the Build EXE icon under the menu bar. A new window will appear and click on the Build EXE button in that.
- Type the saving EXE file name and click on the Save button.
- Your file will be ready as an Executable file. Open it by double-clicking the file and check it will work successfully.
There are many other tools that can help users to convert the BAT file to EXE. BAT 2 EXE is another good tool that you can check. It can convert all the available batch scripts that are available in the folder by just selecting the folder. BAT 2 EXE tool also allows you to add the Administrator manifest.