AMC has a lot of appeal among movie lovers because of its original content that cannot be watched anywhere else. The only way you can watch AMC content is if you are given access through a TV provider or if you have an active subscription.
If you have an active subscription and you want to watch AMC content from a supported device other than a browser, you’ll need to activate your streaming device.
But keep in mind that not all streaming devices are compatible with AMC. Here’s a shortlist of devices that support AMC streaming:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- iOS and Android phones
- Certain Smart TV OSs (Samsung’s Tizen, LG’s webOS)
If you’re currently confused about how to activate AMC on a supported streaming device, we’ll make matters easier for you by featuring detailed guides on activating the AMC service on each supported platform.
Follow the sub-guide that’s applicable to the streaming device that you’re using:
1. How to Activate AMC on Amazon’s Fire TV
- First things first, you need to download the AMC app to your Fire TV device. You can do this by accessing the Apps tab from your home screen.
- Once you’re inside the Apps tab, use the search function to find and install the AMC app.
- After the installation is complete, launch the AMC Fire TV app and wait until the initialization is complete.
- As soon as the app is initialized, select Account from the left-hand side menu.
- After a couple of seconds, you should see an activation screen popping up on the screen – Take note of it as you’ll need it
- Next, open any browser (desktop or mobile) and visit amc.com/activate.
- When you see the Activate Your Device page, go ahead and insert the Activation code that you previously fetched at step 5 and press Submit.
- At the next screen, complete the log-in process by inserting your AMC user credentials.
Note: If you have access to AMC through a TV provider, you will have an additional step where you’ll need to sign in with your TV provider.
- Finally, after the signup process is complete, return to your Roku device as your AMC app should be already activated.
2. How to Activate AMC on Roku
- Open up your Roku along with your TV and press the home key on your Roku remote to jump right to the HomePage (if you’re not already there).
- Next, select the Streaming Channels tab and use the search button to search for AMC.
- From the list of results, access the AMC app page, then press the Add Channel button using your remote to start the app installation.
- After the AMC app is installed, open it and wait for the initial initialization process to complete.
- Next, tap on Activate your device and you’ll be taken to Account tab where you’ll need to copy the Activation code.
- Next, use your laptop, PC, or mobile phone (Android or iOS) to pop open a browser window and visit the activation page of AMC.
- Once you’re inside, go ahead and insert the activation code that you previously fetched from the Roku app and click/tap on Submit.
Note: If the AMC app doesn’t accept the authentication while you’re trying to complete this process on a Roku device, it’s likely because Roku is connected to a Spectrum internet connection. In this case, all you can do is get in touch with Spectrum’s support and ask them for assistance. One workaround is to complete the activation process by connecting your Roku to a mobile hotspot – Once the activation is complete, you can migrate back to your regular connection.
- If you aren’t signed in already, you will be prompted to log in with your TV provider account or to your AMC account.
- Once the operation is complete, return to your Roku device and start streaming content from the AMC app.
3. How to Activate AMC on Apple TV
- Open your Apple TV and access the App Store from the home screen.
- Next, use the search function available inside the App Store to find the AMC app and hit Get to download it locally.
- Once the app is successfully installed, open the AMC app and use the menu on the left to select Account.
- Next, move over to the right-hand side of the screen and take note of the activation code.
Note: If the Activation Code field is empty, use the Get a New Code button to force the app to generate one.
- Next, with the code noted down, open any type of browser (on a desktop or mobile device) and visit amc.com/activate.
- Once inside, insert the code that you previously fetched at step 5 and press Submit.
- Once the activation code has been verified, you will be asked to sign up with your AMC account. If you have obtained your access through a TV provider, you will also need to sign in with the credentials supplied by your TV provider.
- Return to your Apple TV as your AMC app should already be activated.
4. How to Activate AMC on Android TV
- Open your Android TV, go over to the home screen and access the Google Play Store under the App tabs.
Note: You can also use the voice search functionality to open the app store by saying ‘Play Store’.
- Once you’re inside the Play Store, use the search function to find and download the AMC app.
- After the app is successfully downloaded, open it and use the menu on the left to go to Accounts, then take note of the activation screen that just appeared on the right section of your TV screen.
- Once you successfully took note of the activation code, open any type of browser and navigate to amc.com/activate.
- At the first screen, go ahead and insert the code that you previously obtained from the Accounts tab of the AMC app on your Android TV and hit Submit.
- After the activation code get’s accepted, you’ll be asked to sign in with your AMC account and then with your TV Provider (if you obtained access to AMC via a cable TV provider)
- As soon as you complete all the activation steps on the AMC website, you should see the Android TV app refreshing as you are given access to the full library of content.