Some users are experiencing errors while trying to activate Showtime Anytime on their Apple TVs. This message appears on their Apple TV, and the activation cannot be done.
“3. A success message will appear here and you can begin using Showtime Anytime”
Activation code: XXXX
Others even cannot see the activation code because the TV cut off right below the words “Activation Code.”
Here is the solution how to fix them.
Activate Showtime Anytime on Apple TV
Activating Showtime Anytime on Apple TV requires information about the provider you use. When you get this message on your screen, it means that you are in the 3rd steps of the activation. However, you can’t finish the process because you haven’t done the 1st and 2nd activation steps, which are logging and entering your Activation code on Showtime’s website. Here is how to fix this.
Before jumping on the activation, make sure you meet these conditions.
- Your provider must be a participant in the Showtime program.
- You must be a Showtime subscriber on your satellite or cable provider.
- You must have a Showtime Anytime account before using the service on your Apple TV. If you don’t have, you can create one. (Go to Showtime’s website, click on Create a new account, and select your provider if it is listed).
Can’t See the Activation Code on Your TV?
- Try changing your TV’s aspect ratio.
- Make sure you are using an HDMI cable with your Apple TV.
- Set the Apple TV resolution to Auto (On your Apple TV go to Settings > Audio/Video > TV Resolution > Select Auto.)
- Try connecting your TV cable to another (higher-resolution) LCD TV.
Now, go to Showtime’s website, log in with your account, and type your code when required.
Does The Web Browser Instruct You to Open iOS Device to Compete the Activation?
- Download the Showtime app from the Apple app store.
- Enter the required information to activate the app.
- Once you’ve successfully activated the app, open the settings (the gear icon in the top left corner).
- Under the Devices section select Activate device.
- Now, proceed to select Activate Apple TV.
- Type in the alphanumeric characters (activation code) from your TV screen, give it 5 seconds and you will get the wanted results. Showtime Anytime is activated on your Apple TV.
Once you activate the TV and start using the content, you will notice that your iDevice loses the connection. This is the case because the service does not allow concurrent connections.
The steps explained above are the ones that worked for many readers. However, let us know if these methods helped in activating Showtime Anytime on your Apple TV.