Windows 10 Weather Application allows the user to receive updates about the weather conditions but like every other application, the Weather App is also prone to errors and bugs that might be caused by system updates, incompatibility issues, or corrupt application files. This has been reported by many users that the Weather app keeps crashing or does not launch correctly.
You need to make sure that the Windows is up-to-date and there there is not a third-party application that might prevent the application from running correctly. You might also want to restart your computer since most of the time when users update their Windows they have a pending restart that needs to be applied so that the new updates can take effect. However, if none of this works then you can try the below method(s) to solve this problem.
Method 1: Allow Full Access to Your User
If you are work in a multi-user environment, where you have more than one user set up on your PC then this method might work for you. When there is more than one user then each of them has a separate set of permissions and when one user installs an application, others might not have access to it by default. So if the Weather Application was installed by another user you might first have to grant yourself full access to it. Please see the steps below:
- Go to the following folder, and right-click to open the properties
- Click on the Security tab and grant your user full permissions by clicking on the Edit button next to your user name
- In the new dialog box check the box that says Full Control and click Ok to apply changes
- Now restart your computer and see if it works
Method 2: Reset the Weather App
In this method, we will reset the Weather app and then update it from the Microsoft Store. Resetting the Weather app will remove all the updates and will restore the default version which was present at the time of installation so if any updates had caused the Weather App to stop functioning will be rolled back. After that, we will make sure that the Microsoft store is set to update the applications automatically.
- Go to Windows Settings and click Apps.
- Search for the Weather app and click on it and then click the Advanced Options.
- Scroll down and click on the Reset button.
- Now open Microsoft Store and go to the Settings.
- Make Sure that the option to automatically download updates is turned on.
Method 3: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter tries to diagnose the Microsoft applications installed on the system and fix any issues. It will scan for possible universal Windows Application Errors and will remedy them if it finds any.
- Open Windows Settings and click Updates & Security.
- In the left panel click on Troubleshoot and scroll down and click on Windows Store Apps.
- Click on the Run the Troubleshooter button to being the process.
- Once the process is finished restart your computer.
Method 4: Use the Windows Power Shell
Windows Powers Shell is a command-line utility that provides the user functionality to control and automate Windows applications. It provides much more control than the native graphical user interface does. In this method, we will use the Windows Power shell to reset the Microsoft Store and scan and fix any possible errors using the Windows System File Checker.
- Go to Windows Menu and type Power Shell and right-click on it to run as administrator.
- Type WSReset.exe and press Enter, this will reset the Microsoft Windows Store.
- Once it is complete restart your computer and reopen the Power shell.
- Type SFC /SCANNOW and press Enter. This runs the Windows System File Checker and will take some time to check for the erroneous file and fix them.
- Once it is complete restart your computer.
- Now once again open the Power shell and type the following command.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- This command will scan the system for possible component store corruption and it will take some time depending on the level of corruption. It will stay at 20% for a while before continuing so please do not cancel the process.
- Once it is complete restart your computer
- Now try to run the Weather Application and see if it works.