Connecting your Facebook and Instagram accounts can result in a number of advantages. Once your account is linked, the choice of sharing your Instagram photos or posts to Facebook becomes way easier and can be done so by a single tap. On top of that, your Instagram profile can be found pretty easily by your Facebook friends. Similarly, you are also given the ability to find your Facebook friends on Instagram quite easily.
However, if this is not your jam despite all these advantages, and you would like to keep the different social media giants separated, then this is the article for you.
As it turns out, one of the major reasons why people decide to unlink their accounts is to not give Meta any more data on their browsing habits. Furthermore, there are security risks that can come with such shared experiences. Regardless, the process of unlinking your Facebook and Instagram accounts is pretty simple and straightforward. In addition to that, you can get it done via both the web browser on your PC and through the mobile app. We will be taking you through both the methods so rest assured. With that said, let us get started without any further ado.
Unlink Facebook and Instagram via PC
If you are on your PC, you do not have to switch to your phone in order to unlink the two accounts. Rather, it can be done via the web browser on your PC as well, as we have stated. To do this, follow the instructions that have been given down below:
- First of all, open up the Instagram website in your browser by clicking here.
- Once you are there, log into your Instagram account.
- With that done, click on your profile icon at the top right corner and from the drop down menu, click the Settings option.
- On the left hand side, click on the Accounts Center option under the Meta logo.
- A new web page will be opened up. Click on the arrow next to your Facebook profile.
- After that, on the follow up dialog box, click on the Remove from Account Center option.
- Finally, confirm the action. With that done, you have successfully removed your Instagram account from your Facebook account.
Unlink Facebook and Instagram Accounts on your Phone
The process of unlinking the two accounts is pretty seamless on your mobile phone as well. You can follow the instructions below on iPhone or Android as they work pretty much the same. In addition to that, we wouldn’t recommend unlinking the two accounts via the Facebook app due to all the clutter and the absence of a real option that allows you to disconnect the two accounts. As such, we will be using the Instagram app on Android or iOS. Follow the instructions given down below to do this:
- First of all, open up the Instagram app on your phone.
- With the Instagram app open, tap on your profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- On your profile page, at the top right corner, tap on the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines).
- Then, on the menu that appears, tap the Settings option.
- On the Settings page, tap on the Accounts Center option provided.
- After that, in the Accounts Center, tap the Accounts & profiles option.
- On the subsequent page, tap on your Facebook profile.
- Finally, tap the Remove From Accounts Center option provided at the bottom.
- Confirm the action and you have successfully unlinked both the accounts at this point.