The Texas Chain Saw Massacre not launching issue can occur for several reasons, including the game installation files on your computer, the graphics drivers and the version of Windows installed on your machine, and many more.
The problem can arise due to the involvement of background apps and services on your PC with the game files and process. We will be taking a look at all of these different causes in this guide while also providing a list of solutions that can help you resolve the issue quite easily.
1. Check System Requirements
The first thing you should do when the game fails to launch on your PC is to ensure that you meet the minimum system requirements for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. One of the reasons the game may fail to launch is when your PC is not capable of running the game.
While the minimum system requirements for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre are not that high, it will still fail to launch on older systems. Therefore, compare your PC configuration with the minimum requirements for the game below.
Minimum System Requirements for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i5 6th gen or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 30 GB available space
2. Run the Game as an Administrator
Insufficient permissions for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre process can also prevent the game from launching. This happens when the game is unable to operate smoothly in your Windows environment without the required privileges to access the resources it requires.
In this situation, you will need to execute the game with administrative privileges, enabling it to attain the essential permissions for seamless operation. By doing so, the game process gains access to system resources. Follow the instructions below to do so:
- First, open up the Steam client.
- Then, go to the Library tab and right-click on The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
- From the menu, click the Manage > Browse local files option.
- After that, use the File Explorer window to right-click on the game executable file (.exe).
- Open the Properties window.
- Jump to the Compatibility tab and click the Run this program as administrator option.
- Finally, click Apply and see if the problem goes away.
3. Update Windows
The lack of crucial Windows updates can give rise to various issues, especially when attempting to run the latest available games. This arises due to the fact that modern games often depend on the new functionalities introduced by the operating system, which are exclusively present in the most recent builds.
Therefore, it becomes essential to install any available Windows updates on your PC to resolve the issue. The procedure for updating Windows is pretty simple. Follow the instructions below:
- First, use the Windows key + I shorthand to bring up the Settings app.
- Go to the Windows Update section on the Settings app.
- Then, use the Check for updates button to install any available updates on your machine.
- See if that resolves the issue.
4. Scan and Repair Installation Files
The integrity of the game files stored on your system can also influence the game’s launch. This occurs when the game files on your computer suffer damage or corruption, or if essential game files necessary for the game’s launch are missing.
In such an instance, the remedy involves the repair of these game files through Steam’s Verify Integrity of Game Files feature. This procedure essentially scans the existing game files and, in case of any discrepancies, downloads a new copy directly from the Steam servers.
Follow the instructions below to scan and repair The Texas Chain Saw Massacre game files:
- On the Steam client, go to the Library section.
- Then, right-click on The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and choose Properties.
- Go to the Installed Files tab in the Properties window.
- After that, use the Verify integrity of game files option to repair the installation files.
- See if that resolves the issue.
5. Uninstall VR Apps
In some cases, the game can fail to launch due to the presence of VR apps on your computer. This seems to occur due to a potential bug with the game itself that has to be fixed by the developer team. Until then, you will need to remove any VR apps from your computer to resolve the issue.
This includes programs like SteamVR, Oculus or any other VR setup. To uninstall the apps, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Control Panel app via the Start Menu.
- Go to the Uninstall a program section in the Control Panel window.
- Then, locate any VR apps and double-click on them.
- Go through the uninstallation process and then restart your computer.
- After that, open the game to see if the problem goes away.
6. Update Video Card Drivers
Graphics drivers occupy an important role when it comes to running games on your computer. This is because the graphics card is responsible for rendering all of the game textures and graphics. All of this is achieved through the video card drivers on your computer which act as a bridge of communication.
As such, if your video card drivers are not up to date, you will need to install the latest version available to resolve any compatibility issues. Follow the instructions below to do this:
- First, you will need to download the third-party Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) tool from the official source. Click here to do so.
- Extract the file and double-click the Display Driver Uninstaller.exe file to launch DDU.
- Once it is open, use the Continue option to get past the Options screen.
- Then, choose GPU via the Select device type menu.
- Next, you will need to select your graphics card brand from the Select device menu.
- To uninstall the drivers, click the Clean and restart option.
- Once your computer boots up, head to your video card manufacturer’s website and download the newest drivers available.
- Install the new drivers and see if the game still fails to launch.
7. Perform a Clean Boot
In case the above methods fail to resolve the issue at hand, it is likely a third-party application on your system is obstructing the game’s startup. In such an instance, you can execute a Clean Boot to check if the game starts without complications.
A Clean Boot enables you to launch Windows without the presence of third-party programs or services running in the background. Numerous third-party applications on your computer tend to initiate their services automatically during boot-up. The Clean Boot approach subsides this possibility.
If the issue goes away in a clean boot, it validates the involvement of a background service as the cause. Under such circumstances, your next action should be identifying the application responsible and subsequently removing it from your computer.
Follow the instructions below to perform a clean boot:
- Start with opening the Run box. Use the Win key + R shortcut to do this.
- Type msconfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window in the Run box.
- Then, go to the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- After that, use the Disable all option to disable all third-party services on startup.
- Save the changes by clicking Apply.
- Now, switch to the Startup tab and use the Open Task Manager option to bring up a Task Manager window.
- Then, highlight the apps one at a time and click Disable to prevent them from running on boot.
- Finally, perform a restart to do a clean boot.
- After that, see if the game still fails to launch.
The solutions given should help you in solving the problem with The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Ensuring your Windows is up to date and you have the newest graphics drivers on your PC when running a new game should help you prevent such issues in the future.
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre still won’t start?
If The Texas Chain Saw Massacre still refuses to launch on your system, you will need to reach out to customer support for the game to further escalate the issue. They will be able to help you in isolating the problem via a ticket that you can submit on the official website.