Gaming can be one of the most expensive hobbies even though you don’t even have to leave your house in order to take part in it. Building or buying a strong gaming PC can be tough, especially because of the fact that PCs are being upgraded every year and the PC you thought was strong is going to be outdated in a couple of years.
Gaming should never be something you do the entire day, no matter if you are a student in high school, college, or if you are a grown man with a full-time job. A couple of hours a day can be tolerated, though. Let’s find out how should gamers on Mac OS X remove games from their PC.
Uninstall League of Legends on Mac OS
League of Legends is a veteran of the MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) genre and it holds its place as one of the most played games of all time with its constant updates and the release of new champions which keep the game fresh.
However, after you stop playing the game on your PC running Mac OS X, you would wish for an easy way to get rid of the game permanently. Find out how to do it by following the instructions below.
Note: Stop running League of Legends. This is the necessary step before you start your removal. Launch the Activity Monitor on your Mac, change the filter into “All Processes”, click League of Legends if it is active, and then click “Quit Process” to end all processes of League of Legends.
Or alternatively, you can quit the main process of League of Legends by pressing Command + Option + Esc to run the Activity Monitor, click League of Legends , click “Force Quit”, and then confirm your operation in the following pop-up box.
Solution 1: Using the Conventional Methods of Uninstalling
Mac takes the whole uninstalling concept way more easily than Windows because uninstalling and deleting are all referring to the same thing. Dragging an app from the Applications folder straight into the trash is the equivalent of uninstalling on Windows. Check out below!
- Log into your Mac with an administrator account. If you are not logged in with an administrative account, you will be asked to enter a password when you try to delete something.
- To find out whether your account has admin rights, click on the Apple menu, select System Preferences, and then choose Users & Groups. Check that your account shows in the list as “Admin.”
- Open your Applications folder. Browse for the program that you want to uninstall. Some programs are represented by a single icon, such as Firefox, while others are a folder of multiple icons, such as Microsoft Office. Locate League of Legends on the list.
- Programs can possibly found in other locations, such as the Desktop.
- Drag the program League of Legends icon that you wish to delete to the Trash. When you release your chosen application over the bin, you will hear a sound effect that sounds like paper being scrunched up.
- You can quickly move selected programs to the trash by pressing Cmd + Del.
- The Trash acts as a safety buffer in case you delete anything by mistake. If you open the Trash, you can view its contents and drag items back out if required.
- Empty your Trash. Once you are certain that you will never need the program(s) again, you can empty your Trash, which will free up space on your computer. To empty the Trash, right-click on the Trash icon, select “Empty Trash, and then click Empty Trash to confirm.
- You can quickly empty the trash by pressing Command + Shift + Del. If you don’t want to be prompted for a confirmation, press Command + Shift + Option + Delete instead.
Solution 2: Clearing Up After the Deletion
Even though you uninstalled League of Legends, there are probably some files remaining on your Mac OS X computer so it’s the best if you clean it up. These files can also affect your system afterwards.
- Open the Library folder. Even though the program has been deleted, there may be lingering files left on the hard drive. These preference files are usually pretty small, and can be worth keeping if you end up reinstalling the application. If you aren’t planning on ever using the program again, you can remove these files permanently.
- You can open the Library folder by holding the Option key and clicking the “Go” menu. The Library option should appear in the menu.
- You can permanently unhide the Library folder by following the steps in this guide.
- Find the files you want to remove. Look for any files or folders with “League of Legends” or “LoL” in the name or developer’s name “Riot Games” in the ~/Library/, ~/Library/Preferences/, and ~/Library/Application Support/ folders.
- Move any files or folders that you find to the Trash. Empty the Trash to delete the files. If you can’t empty the Trash, reboot the computer and try again.
These two folders are the ones you absolutely need to delete in the ~/Library/Preferences folder:
“League of Legends Preferences”
Delete those and delete the League of Legends.app from your Applications folder and everything should be gone.
Solution 3: Using an Automatic Uninstaller
Adopting this automatic method, you don’t need to spend much time to search for the folders that contains the components of League of Legends. The smart uninstaller will scan them out automatically for you when you perform the uninstall process. So, let’s get started and see how the automatic uninstall way works.
- Download AppCleaner from their official site.
- Launch AppCleaner after installing it on your computer.
- Search for LoL and remove all files.