Several users have reported that they are getting error code 0x803f8001 while playing a game when the game was left idle for some time. The exact error on console is “Do you own this game or app?” (Error code 0x803f8001)”
This error could appear because of various reasons. For example, you are not signed in and connected to Xbox one, the game is purchased by some other family member and that person is not signed into the console or may be just a minor issue. Sometimes even a restart can do the trick, sometimes you may need to do a power cycle, hard reset or just a reinstall of the game. Here in this article, we will see few methods that might help you solving the problem with this error code.
Method 1: Power cycle Xbox one
Doing a simple power cycle can help fix the issue and take you out of trouble. Some users have reported that they were able to fix the issue by just doing a power cycle. You can follow below steps to do a power cycle.
- On your Xbox one, press and hold down the white power button for 10 seconds. The console should get turned off.
- Now unplug the power cord and wait for 10 seconds.
- Plug back in the power cord
- Turn the console back on.
- Try to do the update again.
You are the lucky one if this fixes the issue for you.
Method 2: Check Xbox Live Status
This error could sometimes appear if all services are not up and running. Checking Xbox Live status can give you an idea if the services are up or not.
Check Xbox live status. You might notice few alerts. If you see alerts, wait for all the services to be up and running. Once all are up, you can try the game again.
Method 3: Game is downloaded by some other family member
Sometimes the issue could just be a simple sign in issue. Check if some other family member had downloaded the game and he is not currently signed in. If this is the case, ask the family member who has downloaded the game to sign in. Once the person is signed in, set the Xbox one as the Home Console for the user who downloaded it.
Method 4: Hard Reset
Few users have reported that doing a Hard Reset fixed the issue for them. Restoring Xbox one to factory default setting will erase all accounts, setting, saved games and home Xbox association. Once you connect with the service, your Xbox live will automatically sync with your console. Anything that is not synced with Xbox Live, will be lost. In order to reset the console to factory default setting, follow below steps.
- Press the left button on the directional pad to open the Menu to the left of the screen.
- Scroll down to gear icon and select “All Settings” by pressing A button
- Select System -> “Console Info & Updates”
- Select Reset Console
You will be asked if you want “Reset and remove everything” or “Reset and Keep my games & apps”
- Select “Reset and remove everything“
The Xbox one will be reset to Factory Default Settings. Once Xbox live is synced with your console, try the game again. It should work.
Method 5: Reinstall the Game
Some users have reported that reinstalling the game has fixed this issue for them.
To reinstall the game, Hit the X on both searches in the app store and then reinstall the game
Method 6: In case of download issues with Windows 10
Few users are unable to complete the download and hit the code 0x803f8001. Make sure your OS is up to date and graphics card drivers are updated as per below steps.
- Make sure that Windows 10 is updated to Latest version
- Check you Graphics Card make, download and update the graphics card drivers
- Reboot your system. Once it is up, make sure to log out any Microsoft account in Windows store or a web browser
- Log back in only in Windows store and search for the game in question.
- If you are unable to find the game in the Top right next to the search bar, Go to my Library and then click on games. Click on Show All and then Click Unhide this show. You should see the game.
- “game in question” should say “You Already Own This”)
- Then proceed to update the game. Make sure your hard drive has minimum 60GB space free.
Check Out https://appuals.com/windows-10-store-error-code-0x803f8001/ If you are experiencing this error on Windows 10 Store whilst downloading apps.