AVI and MP4, both are commonly used as multimedia container formats. While both might contain audio and videos as supported by their formats, users often need different kinds of formats when working on different devices or software. That is where the need to convert a format into another format arises. The best way to convert an AVI file to that of an MP4 format is to use All in One Wondershare UniConverter.
Wondershare UniConverter, not only converts AVI format files but has a large variety of formats that can be accessed by the user. And this is the biggest reason why anyone should use Wondershare Unicoverter instead of the free converters available online.
Here is how you can convert an AVI format file on your computer, to an MP4 file.
- This is how your Wondershare UniConveter looks like. Pretty chic I must say. The software is extremely easy to use, with everything easily understandable for any user.
- The very first basic step is to select which format do you want the current file to be converted to. You can notice the tab for ‘convert all files to’, towards the right side of the screen where you can also notice that mp4 has been selected. When you click on the downward facing arrow for this, you will see a vast list of options of formats to choose from. This is another important reason why Wondershare UniConverter must be on your top choices for converting files as it offers so many format conversions.
- Now the next basic step is to add the file that you want to convert. Right in the center of the screen, you can see the option for ‘Add or Drag files here to start conversion’. Either click on the plus sign right above where this is written to search your computer and add a file to Wondershare UniConverter, or, simply go to the file that has your file that needs to be converted, and just drag and drop it on the grey space provided in the software.
- You will have to wait for a little while as your video is uploading on the software. From my experience of the software, the uploading and conversions happened really fast.
- Once you have added a file to be converted, you will click the tab on the right side of the screen which says ‘Convert’, as shown in the image below.
- The download instantly starts when you press the convert tab. You can see the downloading timeline that appears right under this space where you can see your source and target for the conversion.
- The tab for converted, which is in the center of the screen as shown in the image below, shows an orange circle. This is an indication for the user that your converted file has been placed here. And to access it, you will have to click on this tab, as highlighted by the image below. Once your conversion is completed, another sign that you will see on the screen for this software is the word ‘Success’ written in purple.
- Opening the converted tab will show you the converted file, and the important details about the file, like the current format of the file, the resolution of the video, the time duration of the converted file and the amount of space it is taking on your computer currently.
- If you want to locate it on your computer, all you have to do it click on the folder like-icon, as highlighted in the image below. This icon will take you to the folder on your computer.
- This will direct you to the folder on your computer which has this converted file. UniConverter makes an entirely new folder for your converted files so that it is easier for you to locate all your conversions.