Canon Inc. is a Japanese company which specializes in the manufacture of imaging and optical devices. Canon printers are famous for being top-notch and produce astonishing results. Like all emerging printers nowadays, Canon is no far behind and has also implemented Wi-Fi connectivity in its printers.
In this tutorial, we will go through on how to connect your Canon printer to your computer via your Wireless network. Follow the steps carefully and only move on to the next step when you are done with the previous one.
Part 1: Configuring the printer
First, we will configure the printer to connect to a wireless network using the SSID and the password. Once it is connected, we will move to your computer and add the printer there. Do note that both, the computer and the printer should be connected on the same wireless network to connect.
- Press the Power Button on your printer to turn on the printer module and wait a few seconds for it to load all of its configurations.
- Now click on the Settings icon present on your printer as shown here. The Settings icon may be different depending model to model.
- Now click on the Next button underneath your screen and click OK when the option of Device Settings comes up.
- Now click on the Next button to navigate to LAN settings and press OK.
- Now press the arrow settings to navigate to Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
- Now the printer will start searching for signals and the light will start blinking. It will be searching for available Wi-Fi networks to connect to.
- After searching for Wi-Fi networks, it will come with a list of all networks within its range. Select the correct one using the arrow buttons and press OK.
- Now you will be asked to enter the password. Here comes the tricky part. You have to change the format of the input you are giving by pressing the ‘*’ button on your keyboard. The modes will be changed from numeric, uppercase, and lower case letters. Once you have selected the correct format of input, you can use the keys to enter the password and press OK.
- Once the printer is successfully connected, it will display a screen like this below.
Part 2: Adding printer in the computer
Once the printer is connected to the wireless network, you can go ahead and add it to your computer using the steps mentioned below. Like mentioned before, your computer and the printer should be on the same network.
- Press Windows + R, type “control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Now click on Add a printer present at the top of the screen.
- Windows will not automatically detect the printer over the network and list it here. Click on the printer and select Next.
If you run into some trouble, you should make sure that the wireless connection is working perfectly and there are no additional firewalls on your system blocking the connection. It is advised that you disable all antivirus software before moving on.
If you still face problems with the connection, you can search for the keyword “canon” on our website and select from any of the listed articles over there.