Are you in possession of a non-smart TV? Do you want to enjoy the Netflix experience? Well, you don’t have to worry because we are here to give you the best and easiest way to achieve this. Gone are the days when you would need to download a movie or a TV series for you to watch them later on. Nowadays, this inconvenience has been exterminated, thanks to the streaming services like Netflix.
In the current living era, Netflix is the talk of the day as it offers great online content including TV shows, movies as well as TV series among other amazing programs. With a smart TV, you can easily access the Netflix streaming service due to the availability of the built-in capabilities in the smart TV. However, if you don’t have the Smart TV, you can as well enjoy the top-notch experience with Netflix just as smart TV users.
There are several ways in which you can easily access Netflix on your non-smart TV. This may include options like using the Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Roku media or using your laptop or smartphone. Be sure to take a tour down the page as we provide to you the effortless methods to satisfy your desires.
Using a Smartphone
You might be wondering how could this be possible but it is just as easy as 123. Since you can easily use your smartphone to access the Netflix media, all you need to do is mirroring the phone to your TV. This will allow you to navigate your phone through the TV by connecting the phone to the TV.
First of all, to achieve the connection, you will need to have a micro USB to HDMI cable. This cable is easily available and affordable hence you will not require to dig deeper into your wallet. Once you have the USB to HDMI cable, ensure you follow the steps below to connect your phone to the TV.
- Plug the HDMI end into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Connect the other end to your Smartphone.
- After linking the two using the cable, navigate on your TV Settings and select the HDMI channel that corresponds with the one you chose.
- Once it is done, you can now get into your phone through the TV and access Netflix with ease.
Using a Laptop or Personal Computer
As much as accessing Netflix on your laptop or computer is just great, you might need to view the shows and movies on a bigger screen that is of high quality as well. Streaming Netflix from your TV screen will give you a different better viewing as compared to streaming from your laptop or desktop computer.
Therefore, you will need to have an HDMI cable to enable the connection. HDMI cable is also easily available and won’t cost you much of your money. Now, you will need to follow the steps outlined below to access Netflix using your TV screen.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on your TV.
- Plug the other end into the HDMI port of your laptop or computer.
- Select the HDMI channel associated with your laptop or computer.
- Once you locate the channel, you now visit Netflix’s website and stream the shows and videos of your choice.
Using Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast is a streaming media player that will enable you to easily access Netflix on your non-smart TV. It also allows you to cast content from one screen to the other either through your phone, tablet or laptop. Google Chromecast is cheap as well and you can easily find it in the market. Therefore, you will need to have it available.
To set up the Google Chromecast, you will require to download the Chromecast app on your Android phone or iPhone. The app is available at the Google Play Store and the App Store as well. Once it is downloaded, you can now launch it and follow the onscreen instructions to set it up. This will involve pairing the TV with your phone through a code among another setup.
Next, you will need to plug the Google Chromecast into the HDMI port of your TV and then change the TV’s output to HDMI. Once that is done, you can now sign in to your Netflix account in your phone and open it then follow the steps provided below:
- On your phone, tap the cast button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the provided list, select your specific Chromecast device. This will display the contents of your phone on the TV.
- Lastly, select the type of video you want to play and then control the playback with the Netflix app.
Note: Ensure that your TV and the Google Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network to achieve successful operation.
Using Apple TV
With Apple TV, streaming Netflix on your non-smart TV will be such an enjoyable thing to do. To achieve this, you will first need to download the Netflix app from the Apple TV’s App Store. You will then sign into the Netflix account (if you don’t have it you can easily create one within the shortest time possible). Next, you can now proceed by following the steps given below:
- Connect your Apple TV to a power source. Power is a necessity for it to function properly.
- Using HDMI cable, connect the Apple TV to your non-smart TV. Take note of the HDMI port you are connected to on your TV.
- Switch the TV to the Apple TVs input. This will allow you to view the Apple TV setup screen on your TV.
- Lastly, you can now launch the Netflix app and start streaming from the media at your convenience.
Using Amazon Fire Stick
This is a streaming media offered by Amazon that will allow you to stream Netflix shows and movies. Just like the other streaming devices, the Fire TV Stick is readily available and inexpensive. To enjoy the experience, be sure to follow the steps below carefully:
- First of all, you will need to connect the Firestick to the HDMI port on your TV and power it up by connecting to the power outlet.
- Next, you will have to set up the Fire Stick by connecting it into a wireless network.
- Sign in to your Amazon account by entering your correct login credentials. The account will allow you to easily purchase and download apps on your device.
- On the Fire Stick home screen, click on Search.
- In the search bar, type Netflix and hit Enter.
- Select Netflix from the option and click on Free or Download. This downloads the Netflix app into your Fire Stick device.
- After downloading, launch the Netflix app by clicking on Open.
- Next, you will have to sign in to your Netflix account by entering your correct username and password associated with the account. You can then enjoy streaming the Netflix contents on your TV.
The last streaming media player in our list is the Roku media. This offers the easiest way to navigate to Netflix since the Netflix icon is located on its home screen. You can as well select the Streaming Channels options and find the Netflix icon if it does not appear on the home screen. When you have Roku streaming media, you will first connect it to the TV using HDMI cable and to a power source.
Next, after locating the Netflix app on your Roku screen, you will need to launch it and sign into the Netflix Account using your correct credentials. Thereafter, you can now look for and play the Netflix videos of your choice on your TV.
Using a Game Console
Video game consoles bring the best out of them by providing additional capabilities like the ability to stream videos through Netflix. The gaming consoles involve the PlayStation 3 & 4, Xbox One & Xbox 360 as well as Nintendo WII & WIIU among others. Each of the consoles has varying steps on how you can manage to stream Netflix videos on your TV.
For PlayStation 3 and 4:
The following steps will enable you to access Netflix videos:
- Go to Home screen by pressing the PS button in the middle of your PlayStation Controller.
- Click on TV & Video.
- Select Netflix and the app will be downloaded to your game console.
- Next, you can now log in to your Netflix account and access Netflix videos.
For Xbox One and Xbox 360:
Navigate on the Xbox Store from the home screen and follow the steps provided below:
- Click on Apps.
- Select Netflix and tap on Install.
- Open the app after download is finished by clicking on Launch.
- Sign in to your Netflix account using the correct credentials and proceed to look for what to watch.
For Nintendo WII & WIIU:
Be sure to follow the outlined steps below:
- Select the Wii Shop on the home screen.
- Tap on start and select Start Shopping.
- Click on Wii Channels and select Netflix.
- Tap on Free option or Download and then choose Wii System Memory on the download location screen.
- Click on Yes to confirm and wait for the successful download notification.
- Head back to the Home screen and click on the Netflix icon to sign in to your account and proceed with streaming contents.