The Season 1 update for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 dropped on 16th November with the launch of Warzone 2.0, and you can have a general overview of what was added to the game below:
- Shoot House, Shipment Set for Reimagined Return. Prepare to finish out those camo challenges or just embrace the frantic chaos these action-packed maps provide.
- Open the CDL Moshpit. Prior to the introduction of Modern Warfare II Ranked Mode in a future Season, practice on the official maps and ruleset with your squad.
- New Special Ops Mission, Raid Episode 1 In-Season. Grab your Duo and assault the enemy on land and in the air before gearing up for the continuation of the Modern Warfare II story in a daunting Raid experience.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Season 1, Battle Pass (General Overview)
- New Battle Pass, Now with More Player Choice. Conquer a new Battle Pass as you choose map Sectors your way to unlock both free and premium items in whatever order you decide.
- Four Weapons, Six Total Operators. Two new weapon platforms and two Trios — one of elite soldiers and one of football’s finest — are set to bolster your arsenal and Operator roster.
- Seasonal Prestige System. New challenges and rewards await those who clear the Military Ranks.
Other than this, a mid-season update for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 was also announced, but no accurate date was revealed for the update. However, as reported by a reputable industry insider, Tom Henderson, via Insider Gaming that the mid-season update for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 will be released on 14th December 2022, while the first free multiplayer weekend for the game will kick off on 15th December tentatively according to the sources of Insider Gaming as Mr. Henderson states in his report:
Sources, with knowledge of Activision plans, have said that Modern Warfare 2 will have its first free multiplayer weekend starting on December 15.
No other valuable information about the contents of the free multiplayer weekend and the mid-season update (other than that has already been announced) was revealed.
Still, if we look at the first free weekend of Call of Duty: Vanguard, full access to the Multiplayer and Zombies modes of the game was given to the players, and the event lasted six days, as the advertisement for the first free multiplayer weekend of Call of Duty: Vanguard reads:
Play the full Vanguard Multiplayer and Zombies experience for a full week from July 20 through July 26. Dive into the new USS Texas 1945 map, Blueprint Gun Game, the new round-based Shi No Numa Zombies map, and more.
Experience the full suite of Vanguard’s Multiplayer and Zombies Playlists with all maps and modes available during the Free Access period, including recent releases like USS Texas 1945, Blueprint Gun Game, and Shi No Numa.
From that, it can be speculated that the players will be given free access to all the multiplayer modes and maps of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 but claiming anything substantial would be a blow in the dark. So it would be wise to take this news with a grain of salt until further confirmation from Activision or Infinity Ward.
Furthermore, Tom Henderson also writes that a patch for Call of Duty Back Ops Cold War will be released on 6th December, but he could not confirm what this patch will include for the game. So, what are your thoughts about this? Let us know in the comment section below.