Xfinity is a trade name of Comcast Cable Communications, used to market consumer cable television, internet, telephone, and wireless service provided by the company. And they also have the remotes, with different models for different TVs. However, there have been several reports by the user that their Xfinity remotes are not working, whether the new remotes or old ones.
What causes Xfinity remote to not work?
We investigated this particular issue by going through various user reports and the repair strategies that they used to resolve the issue. We found out some of the reasons, due to which the remote cannot be working properly.
- Remote Program: When you get the new remote, it needs to be programmed with your box to work. Without making any connection between the two devices the remote won’t work.
- Device or App problem: Sometimes the application or the device can have the communication problem, and resetting can be required for it.
- Dead Batteries: Common but important reason can be the batteries. If the batteries are dead then the remote will stop working even if it is already programmed for TV.
- Physically Broken: Last but not least, the remote can have broken hardware which is making the remote to not work.
Before you move to the methods make sure there is no problem with the batteries and hardware of remote. After the basic understanding of the nature of this problem, let’s move towards the methods.
Method 1: Programming and resetting the remote
When you buy the new box or the new remote, you need to program it to make it work. Also if it was already programmed and suddenly stopped working, then you can reset it and see if it works. Below are the steps for different remotes, about how to program or reset:
For the XR 15 remote:
- Hold these buttons
i + Xfinity
- A code will pop up on your TV screen
- Insert that code through your remote and wait for it
- The TV will ask for verification, press the OK button on remote to select Yes
- Now, the TV will show the steps, about pressing which buttons and code
- Then check your volume key and see if remote works
- If it works, press the OK button and select all set
If it’s already programmed or programmed with other TV, then you can reset it like this
- Hold these two buttons on your remote
A + D
- When the light on remote turns green, press
9 – 8 – 1
- And program it again with the box
For the XR 11 Remote:
- Press and hold the “Setup” button, until the red light turns into green
- After that press this:
9 – 8 – 1
Note: Some models use 9 – 9 – 1
Also, you can try the reset for the remote then program again
- Press and hold the “Setup” button until the red light turns into green
- Then press the “A” help button
Method 2: Resetting the Xfinity Box
If all the above methods are not working, then you can try resetting your Xfinity box. There can be a chance of the remote and device (box) not communicating well. Here are two ways to reset your box.
- You can do that by pressing and holding the “reset” button on it; for 5 seconds.
- Also, you can try the “Xfinity My Account” app to reset the box. Also make sure you do the long reset on the app, not the short.