Some users have been facing an issue while trying to use their Xfinity Remote. As per the user reports, the Xfinity remote stops working out of nowhere and no matter what key is pressed, there’s no response. The reason this happens can vary as there are different things that can come into play when your remote stops working including dead batteries, programming of the remote and more. In this article, we are going to take you through the process and show you the different ways you can use to fix the problem in question so just follow through with the guidelines.
As it turns out, Xfinity provides different models of remotes for different TVs along with other services like the internet and more. While using these services, you might come across different issues such as Xfinity WiFi not working along with the one mentioned above. As we have mentioned above, the reason your remote stops working depends on different factors. Therefore, before we get started with the various methods that you can use to resolve the issue, let us first go through the possible causes of the problem. As such, you will be able to establish a better understanding of the problem at hand.
Now that we have gone through the possible list of causes, let us get started with the different methods that you can use to resolve the issue in question. So, without further ado, let us jump right into it.
Program Xfinity Remote
The first thing that you should do when you encounter the problem in question is to make sure that your remote is properly programmed. This is because every TV set can have a different way of communicating with a remote device which allows it to change channels or adjust the volume.
As such, if your Xfinity remote is not programmed, you will need to program and pair it so that it starts working and communicates with the TV. Now, depending on the remote that you have, the steps may vary a little. However, do not worry, as we are going to go through the majority.
Program XR16 Remote
- If you are using an Xfinity Flex TV box, simply point the remote at the TV box and press the Voice button once. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete pairing your remote for voice control.
- In case you are using the remote with a TV or any other audio device, simply press and hold down the Voice button and then give it the “program remote” command.
- With that done, follow the instructions that pop up on your screen to complete the pairing process. Once done, see if the remote works now.
For XR15 Remote
- To control an Xfinity X1 TV box with your XR15 remote, press and hold the i + Xfinity buttons on your remote.
- Once you do this, follow the on-screen instructions by providing the code shown. After your remote has been paired, see if the problem goes away.
- In case you are pairing it to a TV, press and hold down the Xfinity and Mute buttons on your remote for about 5 seconds until the light at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Now, depending on your TV manufacturer, enter the five-digit code. You can find this code on Xfinity’s website in case you don’t know.
- Once you have done that, the remote should be paired.
For XR11 Remote
- In the case of an XR11 remote, hold down the Setup button until the light at the top changes from red to green.
- After that, press the Xfinity button on your remote.
- Follow this up by entering the three-digit code shown on your screen.
- With that done, your remote should now be paired.
Reset Xfinity Remote
As it turns out, in case the problem still persists even after you have programmed your respective Xfinity remote, then it is very likely that the problem is being caused by an issue with your remote or the TV/device. If this case is applicable, you can reset the remote in a bid to resolve the problem in question. Resetting your remote can fix several instances of issues like the Comcast remote not working.
Just like the programming process, resetting can differ a little depending on your remote. Follow the instructions for your respective remote to reset it.
Reset XR16 Remote
- To reset your XR16 remote, press and hold i and Home buttons on your remote simultaneously. Wait for the light on the remote to blink, it will take around 5 seconds.
- After that, press the Power button, then the Last button (<- arrow) and follow it up by pressing the Volume Down (-) button in the same sequence as provided. This will reset your remote.
Reset XR15 Remote
- On the XR15 remote, press and hold down the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons simultaneously until the status light on the remote blinks. This will take around 5 seconds.
- With that done, press the 9-8-1 buttons on your remote to complete the factory reset.
Reset XR11 Remote
- To reset the XR11 remote, press and hold the Setup button until the LED at the top changes from red to green.
- After that, press 9-8-1. Once you have done that, the LED will blink green twice indicating that the remote has been reset.
Reset Xfinity Box
Finally, if the above methods have not worked out for you, then it is very likely that the problem is caused by your Xfinity box. In such a scenario, you will have to reset the Xfinity box to resolve the issue. In order to reset your Xfinity box, you can simply press and hold down the Reset button on the box for about 5 seconds. In addition to that, you can also reset the box using the Xfinity My Account app.