Since the recent appearance of Apex Legends Mobile for all mobile devices, a lot of players that have tried the game have reported different problems with the game. One of the most encountered issues with Apex Legends Mobile is the problem with the download.
This error appears when players are trying to download the game through Play Store, so that means this error is only encountered on Android phones. While the Install button has disappeared from the screen, a message has appeared in its place saying that the device is not compatible with the version. This error has been seen on different models of smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, ASUS ROG Phone 2, Xiaomi Redmi 9C, and many more.
This wouldn’t be a problem if these phone models are actually featured as supported by the developers.
After many reports were made since the launch of the game, we have decided to look deeper into this problem to see what is causing it. Here’s a shortlist of all the possible causes that might trigger this issue:
- Phone model is unsupported – The first thing that you should check when you encounter this error is to see if your phone is powerful enough to support and run the game. This error has been seen on many smartphones that are capable of running Apex Legends Mobile, but before trying to fix this issue you need to make sure that the game is not incompatible with your phone. If your phone is not strong enough, you should consider changing it if you want to play the Apex Legends Mobile. Additionally, you can circumvent the rendering power requirement by avoiding the Play Store and installing the app through a 3rd party service like Taptap.
- Play Protect issue – Another cause for the problem with the download of Apex Legends Mobile could be an error caused by the Play Store. The Play Protect is a feature that the Play Store has and it is used for the security of your phone, but could also be the principal cause that is making the game unable to install. All you have to do to fix this issue is to disable the Play Protect to see if the problem is solved.
Now that you are aware of all the reasons that might cause the problem with the download of Apex Legends Mobile, here are the methods that have helped players fix their issues:
1. Disable Play Protect
The first thing you should try is to disable the Play Protect from the Play Store. This can affect the game because it is making it unavailable to download.
The role of Play Protect is to scan for harmful applications on your device and warn you if it finds any. This might cause your Apex Legends Mobile to not be compatible with your smartphone because somehow it finds the app harmful to your phone.
To disable the Play Protect, all you have to do is go to the settings of your Play Store account and turn off the toggle where it says Play Protect.
Note: Before you try this method, you have to know that the Play Protect is an important feature for your phone’s security, so after you try this method make sure to turn on the feature again to not encounter problems in the future.
In case you don’t know how to disable the Play Protect, here are the steps you need to follow:
- The first thing you need to do is to open the Play Store.
- Once you are inside the Play Store, press on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen to expand the profile menu.
- After you’ve done that, press on Play Protect to access the specific menu for it.
- When you are inside the Play Protect, look for the Settings button (gear icon) located in the top right corner. Once you find it, access the settings.
- After doing that, you have to turn off both the toggles that you see there in order to disable the Play Protection properly. You should see the toggles turn grey after disabling them.
- You should be asked to confirm the decision. Confirm it and exit the Play Protect settings.
- Now go and search for Apex Legends Mobile to see if now the game is available to download.
In case the problem with the download of Apex Legends Mobile still occurs on your phone, go check the other method below.
2. Use an alternative application
The second thing that you should try in order to fix the problem with the download of Apex Legends Mobile is to install the game from a 3rd party application. This is a very used method that has helped many affected players download the game.
There are some 3rd party applications that you can download from the internet and use, but one of the most recommended apps is TapTap. This app is an alternative to Play Store, which allows you to download a lot of popular mobile games at the same quality.
All you have to do is to install this application and use it to download and install Apex Legends Mobile on your Android phone.
In case you don’t know how to install the TapTap application, here’s a guide that will show you how to do that:
- The first thing you should do is to visit the official TapTap site where you can download the app. Click on the Android button to download the right version.
- Once the app’s installer has been fully downloaded, you need to use it to install the TapTap application. Find the installer and press on it, then follow the instructions to install the app.
- After the app has been installed, you need to open it. Choose either to use your Google account or create a new account for this app.
- Once you manage to get inside TapTap, click on the search bar located on the upper side and search for Apex Legends Mobile. When you find it, press on it.
- Now all you have to do is to press the Download button to start the process.
- When the installation is complete, you will be able to play Apex Legends Mobile.