DOOM Eternal Crashing is a random problem encountered by Windows 10 and Windows 11 users. As per the users, the game generally crashes during the startup whereas for some users during the gameplay and as a result the game become unplayable. The problem is usually seen when your system won’t match the minimum system requirements of the game.
Therefore, we have investigated the problem completely and found that there are many different reasons responsible for the game to crash as hardware and the in-game settings vary from gamer to gamer. Luckily, many users managed to fix the error, so below have a look at the possible fixes that worked for several users to get past the DOOM eternal keeps crashing issue.
What Causes DOOM Eternal Crashing Issue?
If you are troubled with Doom Eternal Crashing, stuttering, not launching or unresponsive game then the problem might be due to one of the below-listed reasons due to one of the reasons mentioned below:
- System Requirement issues – If your system doesn’t meet the minimum game requirements then it might trigger this crashing problem. Low Graphics, Processor, RAM, etc on your system mostly become hurdles in launching the game smoothly. So here it is suggested to check your system specs first to find whether the PC is compatible with the game or not.
- Antivirus Confliction – It has also been noticed that Security Programs or firewalls installed on your system also create the Doom Eternal not launching issue. As Security Software becomes suspicious of the game files and considers them to be infected or malicious, they hinder the game from launching or starting up. Therefore, allowing your game through the Windows Firewall will help you solve the problem.
- Missing Administrative rights – Most of the time players get this problem when they don’t play the game with administrative rights. Hereby it is always been advised to launch the game as an administrator to avoid getting crashing problems.
- Outdated or incompatible drivers – Check If you haven’t updated your GPU drivers for a long time then there might be the chance that it can be the culprit of such an issue. Therefore, updating your device drivers will actually solve the problems.
- Corrupted game files – Most of the time the game’s internal issues like bugs or glitches start causing such issues. Therefore, try upgrading your game version or downloading the updated or latest game version or the patch to tackle the Doom Eternal crashing
- Running Outdated Windows – Sometimes not using the updated Windows version may create this problem. So, most of the time it has been recommended to update the Windows version to the latest to get past the problem.
- Hard Drive corruption – If your Hard Disk Drive has bad sectors then it might be possible that you may get crashing or freezing issues on the game. Therefore, it is necessary to remove all the bad sectors from HDD to avoid dealing with such problems.
- Game Settings issues – If your game settings have not been set correctly then it can be the reason behind causing the crashing problem. So make ensure that your game settings have been configured properly to fix such issues.
Now as you know the possible causes responsible for the Doom eternal crashing problem, it’s time to try the below effective fixes to resolve the issue.
Check Your Device Specs.
System the device specs must meet the game’s minimum requirements such as the required Processor, Graphics and RAM to hold the game. So check the Doom Eternal system requirements with your system specifications.
Verify with the below-mentioned system specs:
|DOOM Minimum Specifications||DOOM Recommended Specifications|
|OS||Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)||Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions)|
|Memory||8 GB||8 GB|
|Storage||55 GB available space||55 GB available space|
|Processor||Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better||Intel Core i7-3770 / AMD FX-8350|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better||NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB|
Check your system specs with the below-mentioned steps guide:
- Open system Settings.
- Next click on About
- Now have a look at specs including Your Processor, Graphics and RAM.
On finding your PC compatible with the game, proceed forward for more verified fixations.
Launch the Game with Administrative Rights
Many games and programs require the administrative privilege to run properly. But if you are launching the game without administrative rights then you might face a crashing problem in Doom Eternal. So, in order to fix the problem, try launching the game with administrative rights. To do so follow the below guidance:
- Go to the doometernal.exe file and right-click on it.
- Select the Properties.
- Go to Compatibility.
- Check the option “Run this program as an administrator” and tap on Apply.
And now re-launch the game and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
Update the System Drivers
GPU drivers are considered to be the most vital part of your system that manages your system’s functioning. So having updated system drivers will help you to circumvent such crashing issues. Follow the quick below steps to update your GPU drivers:
- Open device manager by typing devmgmt.msc on Run box.
- Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers section.
- Look for the required sound device from the appeared list.
- Next, tap on the option Update Driver.
- After that go for Search automatically for updated driver software option
Windows will automatically try to search for the driver that is compatible with your system and install it. Now, reboot your system and check whether the issue persists or not.
Update your Windows Version
If you are using an outdated Windows version then it might be possible that you encounter a crashing issue. So here it is suggested to update your windows version to the latest to tackle such game issues. Follow the below-guided instructions to update Windows:
- Go for Windows Update settings.
- Select the option Check for updates, and then wait for Windows to download and install the latest version automatically.
- Once done restart your system and launch the game to check for the crashing issue.
Update Doom Eternal
Using an updated game version fixes any kind of game problems and game crashing issues. So in case you are using an outdated game then try updating it to the latest version to avoid such problematic instances.
Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Steam.
- Then click on Library to open the Game’s Library.
- Navigate for Doom Eternal and right-click on it to select Properties.
- Next, select the Update option.
- If any update is found simply install.
Once the installation gets completed, reboot the system and verify if the problem is solved. However updated game patches also fix such issues. So you can get them easily on the official website of the developer.
Verify Integrity of Doom Eternal Files
Sometimes due to the corrupted or deleted game files crashing, lagging or freezing issues may arise. However, file corruption is the result of an interrupted installation process.
So, here it is suggested to uninstall the game first and then reinstall or verify the integrity of game files to fix the problem. To do so follow the instructions below:
- Launch Steam.
- Then go to Library.
- Locate Doom Eternal and right-click on it.
- Tap on the Properties option.
- Now select the Local Files tab and then click on the option Verify integrity of game files.
- Lastly, wait for the process to complete.
Once done, relaunch the game and check for the crashing problem is fixed or not.
Configure the Game Settings
Sometimes incorrect game settings may cause the game to crash. So, try configuring the in-game settings to fix the problem. Moreover, high graphics game settings possibly freeze the game. So, here’s follow the steps to lower your graphics settings:
- Launch the Doom Eternal.
- Then go for settings, then select Video and then click on the Advanced settings.
- Search for Virtual Texture Pool Size and set it as low.
- Lastly, Relaunch the game and check whether or not the crashing problem on Doom Eternal has been solved or not.
Enlarge Virtual Memory
In most instances, insufficient virtual memory on your system may lead to the application failing thereby causing game crashing, freezing, and stuttering problems. Follow the below step guide to increasing the virtual memory:
- Go to Windows search and look for advanced system settings.
- Select View advanced system settings.
- Then click on the option Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab and then click on Change.
- Uncheck the option box next to Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers.
- Select your C drive.
- Select the option button beside Custom size, and type 4096 in the box beside Initial size and Maximum size.
Tap on Set and then OK. Lastly, restart your system and relaunch the Doom Eternal to check if the game persists or not.
Quit Background Running Tasks
If the above methods won’t fix Doom Eternal keeps crashing issue then you can try terminating running background programs. At times, it has been found that the background programs start conflicting with the game app thereby causing such issues on Doom Eternal.
Follow the simple steps below to quit the background tasks:
- Open Task Manager by pressing Win+X together.
- Now go for the Processes, and view the list of Background running tasks.
- Select the programs you want to stop from running and click on the End Task button at the bottom.
Lastly re-launch the game and check for the crashing issue.
Turn Off Antivirus Program
Sometimes Antivirus programs installed on your system may become a hurdle thereby restricting the game from launching. So try disabling the antivirus programs to play the game without such interruptions. And if you found antivirus is blocking then stean or the game then add steam and the game to the firewall exception to solve the problem.
To do so follow the steps:
- Look for Windows Security and open it by hitting Enter.
- Select Virus & threat protection on the left side.
- Now navigate for Manage settings under Virus & threat protection.
- Tap the toggle button under Real-time protection to disable the Windows defender temporary.
- Hit on Yes if prompted.
- Lastly, Reboot your PC and verify for the crashing issue on Doom Eternal.
Here are the steps to allow the steam through the firewall:
- Go to the Run box and type firewall.cpl > hit Enter.
- Select the option Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall now on the appeared window.
- Then check if the steam is added in the Allowed Apps & Features.
- On found exempted, click on the Change settings option and then Allow another app.
- Simply follow the onscreen instructions to include.
- Once done, hit OK.
- Finally, launch the game on steam and verify for the crashing issue.
- Try Setting the launching Preferences
It has been reported in many forum sites by the majority of users that various steam launch options lead to game crashing, stuttering or freezing. To shut down additional Doom Eternal launch options on Steam, follow the below steps:
- Launch Steam and go to Library.
- Locate Doom Eternal and right-click on it, then select Properties.
- Now tap on Set launch options under the General tab.
- Finally, remove any other enabled options and tap OK.
Removing Bad sectors from HDD
Having bad sectors or a disk that does not have space in your hard disk drive may cause a crashing problem. So, here it is suggested to check for the hard drive partition where the game is installed you can fix the issue just by following the easy steps below:
- Right-click on the partition where you have stored the game and its launcher.
- Click on Properties and go for Tools.
- Now tap on Check and follow the on-screen guide to complete the process.
- Once done window will exit automatically.
Lastly, try playing the game and check for the crashing issue is resolved or not.
Run Clean Boot
Another possible solution to resolve Doom Ethernal keeps crashing issue is running a clean Boot. Performing a clean boot will reboot your Windows with minimum drivers and start-up programs thereby fixing the problem. So make sure to uninstall the game completely on steam and reinstall it and thereby solving the problem.
Perform clean boot with the below simple steps:
- Open the Run box and type MSConfig and then hit Enter.
- Choose the Services tab and checkmark the option box Hide all Microsoft services.
- Then check the option of the items belonging to hardware manufacturers.
- And uncheck all the other boxes.
- Once done, hit OK to save the changes made.
- Finally, Restart your system and check for the crashing issue.
Reinstalling the Doom Eternal
If none other fixes help you to get rid of the problem then try uninstalling the Doom Eternal application and re-installing it back to fix the Doom Eternal crashing on Windows 11/10.
Follow the steps accordingly to uninstall:
- Open Steam.
- Then visit Library.
- Navigate for Doom Eternal and right-click on it.
- Now click the option Manage and then finally Uninstall.
Once done with uninstalling the game successfully, you can reinstall it from Steam and launch it. Hope the above-mentioned solutions work for you to fix the Doom Eternal crashing problem on Windows 11 and 10.