Digimon Survive Crashing, Freezing, and black screen issues can be caused by lack of administrator privileges, Corrupt Game files, and missing visual C++ Redistributables, among some other major causes.
Through our investigation, we have gathered the major causes for this issue and listed them below to fix the crashing, freezing, and black screen issue.
- Missing Visual C++ Redistributables- Applications and games developed in a visual studio environment require visual C++ redistributables to function smoothly. Missing visual C++ redistributable could cause users to face errors.
- Outdated Graphic Drivers- Outdated Graphic drivers might be causing you to face these issues. It can easily be solved by updating your graphic drivers.
- Corrupt Game files- During installation or for some other reason, your game has gone rogue and corrupt files. This can be fixed by repairing the game files through Steam, a dedicated launcher.
- Intervention from background applications- It is possible that an application running in the background might be interfering with your game causing it to freeze and stutter.
- Outdated Windows- An unstable or outdated running windows version could also be the reason for our game’s unstable performance. Updating Windows can fix this issue as it contains performance patches.
- Intervention from app overlays- Apps like steam and discord come equipped with handy features like allowing users to have an overlay to ease their use, but this may be intervening with your main process and causing it to freeze.
- System Requirements Doesn’t Meet- If your computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements of Digimon, you will face freezing, stuttering and low FPS issue.
1. Perform a Clean boot
A clean boot is a Windows feature that allows the user to boot up their computer with only the essential services being active in the background. It is considered effective in identifying interruptions from background applications or services. Follow these steps to perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows + R key on your keyboard simultaneously to open the run dialog box.
- Type msconfig in the run dialog’s search box.
- Inside the MSConfig window, click on Services in the navigation menu.
- Click the checkbox beside the Hide all Microsoft services text.
- Now, Click on Disable all.
- Hit apply and Click Ok.
Reboot your computer, and try launching Digmon. If the error persists, continue to the next method.
2. Whitelist the game in your firewall and antivirus
Another straightforward yet effective fix to fix the issue at hand is to whitelist the game in your firewall and antivirus, as a blacklisted application/game is restricted from connecting to the network, thus making it practically useless. To whitelist, follow these steps
2.1 Whitelist the game in your antivirus
Windows defender is an example; refer to your antivirus provider’s website for a detailed guide if you use a third-party antivirus. Follow these steps to whitelist the game on your antivirus.
- Press Windows + I key simultaneously to open the Settings windows.
- In the panel on the left side of the screen, click on Privacy & Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Virus & Threat protection
- Scroll down, and Click on Manage Ransomware protection.
- Now, Click on Allow an app through Controlled folder access.
- Click on the Add an allowed app and click on Browse all apps.
- Navigate to Digmon survive’s root location, or paste the following path into the file path section.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Digimon Survive
- Click on Open.
2.1 Whitelist the game in Windows Firewall
Once you’re done with adding the game to the windows defenders whitelist. Follow these steps to whitelist the game in windows defender:
- Press the Windows key to open the start menu.
- In the start menu search bar, search for Control Panel.
- Click on System and security.
- Now, Click on Windows Defender Firewall.
- In the menu on the left side of the screen, click on Allow an app or feature through the windows defender firewall.
- Click on Change Settings and then click on Allow another App.
- Click on Browse.
- Similar to the previous method, Locate Digimon’s Root folder.
- Click on Open
3. Verify the Game File Integrity
If, for an unknown reason, your game files have gone corrupt, steam comes equipped with a tool to verify game file integrity. To do so, Follow these steps:
- Open Steam and in the left panel locate Digimon survive.
- Right-click on Digmon survive and click on Properties.
- Inside the new window that popped out, Click on Local Files.
- Click on Verify game file integrity.
- Wait for a while till steam finishes processing.
If it’s still not working, you can try to disable your antivirus temporarily just to check if the error is associated with your antivirus or not.
4. Run the Game as an Administrator
In the user mode, applications are restricted to specific access power, which could cause some applications not to function properly. In such cases, we can temporarily allow administrator privileges to an application. Follow these steps to run the games as an administrator:
- Open Steam and right-click on Digimon survive.
- Click on Manage and then click Browse Local Files.
- Now, Right-Click on Digimon Survive application file and click on Properties.
- In the newly opened window, Click on Compatibility in the navigation menu.
- Check the checkbox situated beside the Run this program as an administrator text.
- Once done, click apply and hit Ok.
Try launching Digimon. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
5. Download and Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
Visual C++ is a runtime library necessary for applications and games developed in a visual studio environment. Follow these steps to download and install Visual C++ Redistributables:
- Click here to Download Visual C++ Redistributables.
- Click to download the X86 Version.
- Open the file you just downloaded.
- Click on Install or repair if you already had visual C++ redistributable installed on your computer.
- Similarly, Install the X64 version.
Once you have installed both the x86 & x64 versions, restart your computer. Once rebooted try launching the game. If the error presumes, continue to the next step.
6. Uninstall K-Lite Codec Pack and Install the VLC media player.
Reportedly, uninstalling the K-Lite codec pack has been of use to players in fixing this issue. It might work for you as well since it did for a lot of other people. Follow these steps:
6.1 Uninstall K-Lite Codec Pack
Follow these steps to uninstall the K-lite Codec Pack:
- Press the Windows key to open the start menu, in the start menu search bar type Control Panel and open it.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- In the list of programs, Locate K-Lite codec Pack.
- Right-Click on it to and click Uninstall.
- Click on Continue.
- Click on Yes.
- Wait for the uninstalling process to finish.
- Reboot Your Computer.
6.2 Install VLC Media Player
User’s facing the game crashing after the cut scene is due to the K-lite codec pack, installing VLC in place of the K-lite codec pack fixes the solution, Follow along with these steps to simply install VLC:
- Click here to Download VLC Media Player.
- Click on the Download Button to initiate the download procedure.
- Once, Downloaded Proceed with the straightforward installing procedures.
After you have downloaded and installed the VLC media player. Restart your computer and try launching the Digimon survive. If the issue still continues, proceed to the next step.
7. Reinstall the Display Drivers
Another reason for your game crashing might be due to outdated drivers, since Digimon survive is a new release it might face compatibility issues with an older set of drivers installed on your computer. Follow these steps to update your computer’s display drivers.
7.1 Uninstall Existing Display drivers
Before installing new and updated display drivers, we’ll use a Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the existing display drivers on your computer. A DDU or Display driver uninstalled will help us in uninstalling the drivers completely without leaving any empty registry saves and residual files which will provide a better experience overall. Follow these steps to uninstall existing display drivers:
- Click here to Download a DDU
- Scroll down and click on the link with the server closest to you for a faster download speed.
- Once you have downloaded the DDU, extract the contents to a new folder.
- Open DDU by double-clicking on it as shown in the image below.
- In the new popup, Click on Extract.
- Open the folder the extraction process just created.
- Click on Display driver uninstaller application file to open it.
- Close the popup by clicking on the Close button.
- On the Right panel of the window, Select your Graphic card manufacture
- Now, Click on Clean and Restart
- Once restarted, proceed to the next step.
7.2 Install New Display Drivers
Once you have completely uninstalled the existing drivers, Follow these steps to Download and Install new and updated display drivers for your computers.
If you’re an AMD user follow these steps to install new display drivers:
- Click here to Download the latest Display drivers
- Select Your Graphic card from the list of graphic cards.
- Click on Submit.
- Now, Click on the link compatible with your Operating systems. In my case, it is windows 11.
- Now, Click on the Download button, Make sure you’re downloading the recommended version.
- Once Downloaded, Follow along with the straightforward installation.
If you’re an Nvidia user follow these steps to install new display drivers:
- Click here to download the latest Nvidia display drivers for your graphics card
- In the Manual Driver Search section, Select your Graphics card.
- Select your Operating system and then click on Start Search.
- Download the Game ready drivers with the latest version.
- Open the file you just downloaded and continue with the straightforward installation process.
Once you have downloaded and installed your graphics drivers. Reboot your computer and try launching Digimon survive.
8. Disconnect Secondary Monitor
Users have reported disconnecting their secondary monitor to fix their issue. Simply Unplug your monitor from the outlet or Disconnect the display connection port situated on the back of your monitor. Once done, try launching Digimon survive. If the error persists continue to the next step.
9. Disable Overlays
A number of applications have the feature to be used as an overlay application. Even though it is a great facility, In some cases it may intervene with your main program’s smooth functioning. Please follow these steps to disable the overlay, we have used steam and Discord as they are widely used applications with such capabilities.
9.1 Disable Steam Overlay.
Act along the below-mentioned steps to disable the steam overlay:
- Open Steam
- Right-Click on Digimon survive located on the left panel and click on Properties
- Uncheck the box that says Enable in-game overlay.
9.2 Disable Discord overlay
To disable discord overlay follow these steps:
- Open Discord.
- Click on the Settings icon in the bottom-left of the discord window.
- Now, click on the Game overlay box.
- Toggle the Enable in-game overlay switch to off.
10. Update Windows
Another solution to you facing this error is updating your windows. It is advised to keep your windows up-to-date as Microsoft comes out with new updates that fix previously discovered bugs. Follow these steps to update your windows.
- Press the Windows key to open the start menu and click on settings or alternatively press the Windows + I keys simultaneously.
- Click on Windows Update located in the menu on the left side of your screen.
- Click on Check for Updates.
- Update if any updates are available and then Reboot your computer.
Once updated, Try relaunching the game.