If you want to delete all photos, or bulk delete photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch here you can find instructions for doing that. You can do it directly from your iDevice, or while connected to your computer.
Delete All Photos Directly from Your iDevice (No Computer Needed)
Note: This method works on iDevices running iOS 10 and later.
- Launch the Photos app on your iOS device.
- Tap on the Photos tab, and make sure you are in the Moments view for deleting all photos from your device. OR Tap on Albums and open the album you want, for removing multiple images from that specific album.
- Tap on the Select button located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, select one of the images in the first column (the furthest left), but make sure you choose a row with more than 1 image. Check the image below.
- Once, you select the first image, tap and hold on the next one. While holding your finger on the touchscreen, drag all the way to the photo on the furthest right. Keep holding your finger, and drag it down to the bottom bar (the one with the trash icon).
- Hold it there, and the screen will start scrolling down and selecting all the images.
- Once you select all the images, tap on the trash icon on the bottom bar, and confirm your action by choosing Delete XX Photos.
At this point, you still have your pictures in your iDevice’s memory, under the Recently Deleted album. You can still recover them from there. Here is how to completely erase the images from there.
Note: This action will permanently delete your photos from iDevice’s memory and can not be undone.
- Go to the Albums tab and select the one named Recently Deleted.
- Once you are in there, click on the Select button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, tap on the Delete All button located on the bottom bar and confirm the action.
Delete All Photos from Your iDevice Using Google Photos
Beside for backing up your photos and videos, you can use Google Photos for deleting all photos and videos from your iDevice with a single tap. Here is how.
- First download Google Photos from the App Store.
- Now, sign in with your Google account and back up your photos and videos. (This is a mandatory step before deleting your media files. And, It may take a while, depending on the size of your media library and your internet connection).
- While in the Google Photos app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Now, choose Settings, tap on Manage Device Storage, and select Free Up Space. The app will search your library for photos and videos that are already backed up to Google Photos.
- Once it finishes, confirm your action by tapping on Remove.
- Give Google Photos permission to delete the photos, and it will move them from your Camera Roll to Recently Deleted.
- To permanently delete your photos from the Recently Deleted album, open it, click the Select button in the top right, and choose Delete All on the bottom bar. Confirm the action once again, and you are done.
Delete All Photos from Your iDevice Using a PC
If you are using a Windows PC, you can use Windows File Explorer to delete your iDevice’s photos.
- Connect your iPhone (or iPad, or iPod Touch) to your computer via the USB lightning cable.
- Choose Trust This PC when asked on your iDevice.
- Once the device shows up on your system, navigate to your iDevice’s DCIM folder using Windows Explorer (My Computer (This PC) > iDevice’s Name > Internal Storage > DCIM).
- Select all photos you want to delete (Ctrl + A to select them all).
- Right-click them while selected and choose delete from the menu. OR press Shift + Del on the keyboard to permanently delete them from iDevice’s memory.
Delete ‘Undeletable’ Photos from Your iDevice (iTunes or Image Capture)
If you can’t delete some photos from your iDevice’s memory, or want to delete photos using iTunes or Image Capture, check this https://appuals.com/fix-cant-delete-photos-from-iphone-or-ipad/. Keep in mind that Image Capture is available on Mac computers only.
I personally delete my photos directly from my iDevices, because it does not require using a computer or installing additional apps. Which method do you prefer? Let us know in the comment section below.