New Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Offers A 50% FPS Boost
Cyberpunk 2077, from CD Projekt Red since launch day has been notorious of poor game optimization. Even the top-notch GPUs from both AMD & NVIDIA are unable to handle this game at native 4K Ultra. This puts to show that Cyberpunk 2077 aside from all the bugs and glitches is graphically ahead of its time.
Not everyone has a beefy RTX 3090 Ti and the best CPU from Intel/AMD to run this game. So over at NexusMods a mod has been published targeted at budget gamers giving them an opportunity to taste what CD Projekt was cooking for over 9 years.
In order to install this mod, the method is fairly simple.
- Download Cyber Engine Tweaks/CyberEngineTweaks. Drop its contents in your game’s folder.
- Download my mod and drop its contents in your game’s folder.
- Should look like this: \Cyberpunk2077\bin\x64\plugins\cyber_engine_tweaks\mods\Potato\init.lua
After that, in order to enable this mod follow these steps.
- Launch the game. CyberEngineTweaks is going to ask you to assign a HotKey to open its menu. Do whatever suits you, something like the “End” button. My mod’s menu will open along with CyberEngineTweaks’ menu.
- Load your save file. Don’t mess with the mod’s settings before spawning, it might break some lighting effects.
- Once you’ve spawned into your world you can hit the HotKey you’ve assigned and start experimenting with all the settings!
At native resolution, we see Cyberpunk 2077 in all of its glory. However, 25 FPS is not considered a good gaming experience by any means.
After turning on the mod, we see a very slight change in the graphics but a 10+ increase in the framerate. Of course, the post processing effects do add on to game’s beauty but at the cost of valuable frames.
How to Download
Visit NexusMod and firstly you will need to download a prerequisite ‘Cyber Engine Tweaks’ mod. Under the FILES tab, you will have 2 options, use the mod manager download or download manually. If you already have the Vortex Mod Manager installed, downloading and installing the mod will be a piece of cake, however a manual download can also work.
After you have successfully installed Cyber Engine Tweaks, visit NexusMod once more and this time we’re going to be downloading the actual mod. Again, you can choose the mod manager (If you have Vortex installed) or you can go for the manual option. Both will suffice.
Cyber Engine Tweaks = Link
Performance Boost For Potato PC = Link
Enjoy your extra frames!