This is a common issue after upgrading to Windows 10. The CD/DVD ROM/DRIVE won’t show up in My Computer and is not detected (no matter what you do) or have already tried.
The reason why is because the registry settings are updated, and can be fixed with a small registry tweak.
In order to fix the issue we will need to amend registry settings.
You must be logged in as the administrator to continue.
Follow the steps below to continue:
1. Hold the windows key and press R to open run dialog.
2. In the run dialog; type regedit and click OK
3. Browse to the following Registry Path from the left pane (use the front arrow and down arrow) to expand the folders.
4. Right click atapi and choose new then click KEY
5. Type in Controller0 and then hit Enter
6. Now right click Controller0 and choose New then choose DWORD (32-bit) Value
7. Type EnumDevice1 and hit Enter.
8. Right click EnumDevice1 and select Modify
9. Type 1 in the value data box and click OK
10. Exit Registry editor and reboot your PC. The dvd/cd device should now be back.