Currently, there is no dedicated app for Google Bard, and the only official way to access it is by visiting the website. Although Google has promised an app in the future, in the meantime, here’s what you can do to easily access Bard on your phone.
In this article, you’ll learn how to set up Bard on your home screen.
- Open Google Chrome (or any other web-browser) on your phone.
- Go to Bard’s website, by typing in “bard.google.com“
- If this is your first-time using Bard, you will be greeted with something like this. Simply, tap on “Try Bard.”
- Read through the disclaimer and the Terms of Service and tap on “I agree.”
- Tap the menu button (three vertical dots) in the upper right corner of the Chrome app.
- In the menu, tap “Add to Home screen.”
- A window will popup where you can rename the Bard shortcut, if you want. Once you’re done, click “Add.”
- Another popup will appear where you’ll see the shortcut, alongside the icon, and the space it occupies on your home screen. Tap “Add to home screen.”
- A shortcut to Bard will be created on your home screen.
Since there is currently no official app, this is likely the quickest way to access the chatbot. It’s more convenient than having to remember the web address and enter it into the browser each time you want to use it.