Many users reported a 0x800706ba window update error while installing the updates on their systems. This error restricted them to update the windows.
What causes the 0x800706ba Windows Update Error?
Here are some reasons why the 0x800706ba window update error occurs.
- Corrupt Update Files: The system’s files are important and they critically affect the operating system of the computer. They considered core files for the effective working of windows. They cease the update. Scanning the files and then repairing them can help in resolving the update errors.
- Misconfigured Drivers: Drivers are responsible for all actions on your system. They connect all the hardware devices with your system. These drivers can cause functional issues in your PC. They drastically slow down the system, crashes the files, and may generate security threats. You can scan these drivers and repair them.
- Malware infections: These malicious attacks damage the programs. They may delete the files and remove your data from a hard drive. In short, it can crash the system entirely. The sow down the booting system and cease the window to update.
1. Automate the important Services using a command prompt
Usually, you face this error 0x800706ba when the services are not configured properly. They do not start automatically on startup. For this, you need to start it automatically. You can follow these steps to fix the error.
- Click on the Magnifying Icon and search for Command Prompt.
- Right-click on the command prompt and select Run as an Administrator. Press Yes
- Now type the following commands on prompt and hit Enter to execute them.
SC config wuauserv start=auto SC config bits start=auto SC config cryptsyc start=auto SC config trustedstart=autoSC
- Now restart your system.
2. Resetting the Windows Updates Components
If the above method doesn’t work properly adopt the following procedure. Resetting the window update components can help in resolving the issues. It creates a connection with Microsoft sever. Moreover, it helps in protecting your system against malicious attacks. Here are some steps to reset the windows updates components.
- Go to magnifying icon and search for a command Prompt. Now Right-click on it.
- Select Run as an Administrator. Press yes.
- Here, type the following commands. Press Enter key.
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSVC net stop bits net stop msiserver Ren C: Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old net start wuauserv net start cryptSVC net start bits net start msiserver
Resetting the Windows Updates Components4. Type exit and press Enter.
3. Updating the Windows Auto Update Client by using PowerShell
Updating the window helps in defending the window from malicious attacks. These attacks can lose sensitive data and loss of confidential information. The following steps can help you in updating the client using PowerShell.
- Go on the Magnifying Icon present on the taskbar.
- Thus, search by typing PowerShell on the search bar.
- Right-click on PowerShell and select Run as an Administrator. Press
- So, type the following command on the PowerShell screen;
5. Press Enter and type Exit. Now restart your system. Windows Update should be repaired.
4. Run the Window Update Troubleshooter
This process will help in troubleshooting the error. Troubleshooting will detect the expected problem and tells the solution for resolving this issue. Try the following steps;
- Open the Start window. Go on the
- Press the Troubleshoot option from the left side of the screen.
- Press other troubleshooters and go on Windows Update and click on Run.
- So, wait for the program to detect the issue of window updating. Now click on Apply this fix.
- After detecting the issue, wait for a few minutes to repair the windows update issue.
5. Editing the Group Policy Settings
Still, if you find 0x800706ba Windows Update Error after applying all the above methods, then try to modify the Group Policy settings on your system. Thus, it will help in updating the window. So, here is the procedure you can carry out to solve the issue.
- Click the window key + R from the keyboard. Run window will appear.
- Type gpedit.msc on the search tab. And press Enter.
- So, Go and expand the Computer Configuration option.
- Click on the Administrative Template and then chose the Windows Component option.
- Select Window Update. Click on the Manger end User Experience.
- Go and double-click on Configure Automatic Updates.
- So, chose the Not Configured option and Press ok. Restart your computer. Hopefully, the problem gets resolved.
6. SFC and DISM Scan
The corrupt files are one of the main reasons for the 0x800706ba Windows Update Error. So, it is important to repair the files. SFC scanning helps in resolving this issue. Here is the method to scan the files.
- Go on the start menu and right-click on the Command Prompt.
- Right-click on Run as an administrator.
- So, type the following command;
- Wait for a while till the process is complete.
- Thus, close the command prompt.
Furthermore, if this issue is still progressing, manage to modify the corrupt files using the DISM tool. So, here are a few steps to follow.
- Open the command prompt, after running it as an administrator.
- So, Type the following command, and press Enter Key.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Check health Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth
5. So, stay calm till the completion of the repair process. Close the Command Prompt and restart the computer.
7. Turning off the Antivirus Software
Antivirus software helps windows from viruses and threats. But sometimes, the third-party software creates problems in the update process. Thus, they detect some files as a bug and make them unable to run the updates. While you face such an issue, follow these steps.
- Go on the start menu and search for Virus and threat protection.
- Thus, scroll down and go to Virus & threat Protection Updates. Tap on Manage Settings.
- So, turn off the Real-Time Protection option. Scroll down to Cloud Protection Option and turn it off.
- So, if you are using antivirus software other than window defender, go on the taskbar.
- Right-click on its icon. Thus, Chose the Disable option.
- So, once you get rid of the problem turn on all the window defender features. It will protect your system from future threats.
So, these methods will help you out in fixing the 0x800706ba Windows Update Error properly.