If your zoom camera is crashing or not working properly, there are some fixes you should use to fix your Zoom camera. Even though the issue can be related to your camera, it is possible that your Zoom application does not have the privilege to access the camera. Despite this, make sure other applications are not using your camera, the camera is connected properly, or the USB port you used to plug the camera does not have a hardware issue.
Before fixing the issue, restart your device to fresh load all the essential services and apps, as the issue might be due to a minor firmware issue. Once you restart and if the issue persists, try the following methods.
1. Make sure the right output device is selected for your Zoom app
If the wrong camera is selected as an output device in your Zoom application, then the camera will not work until you select the right camera for your video. Therefore, ensure that the right camera is selected in the Zoom video settings.
- To do this, click the Profile icon from the top right and select Settings.
- Go to the Video from the left pane and make sure the right camera is selected under the Camera.
- Once done, check if your problem is fixed.
2. Make sure the Zoom application has camera access
It is possible that other programs that have access to utilize the camera are active and running in the background, which is why the Zoom application cannot use the camera at this time. In this case, you can close all the applications from the background, like pre-installed camera applications, other video conferencing software, or websites you have allowed and permitted to use a camera.
Every device has a privacy setting that gives access to all the applications that need to use output devices such as Microphone, Camera, and others. If the camera access for the Zoom application is disabled, then you will encounter this issue. Therefore, try giving camera access to the Zoom application as follows:
- To open Settings, right-click the Start Menu and Settings.
- Once the settings is opened, go to Privacy settings.
- Select the Camera from the left-hand pane, then click Change.
- Then, toggle the Camera access for this device to on.
- After that, make sure that the option Allow apps to access your camera is turned on.
- Scroll down to the bottom and make sure Allow desktop apps to access your camera is turned on.
- Once done, now check if the Zoom application can record your camera.
- Go to Settings, then Apps
- Tap Permissions, again tap Permissions, then tap on Camera.
- On the next page, you can see the apps you have allowed to use the camera. You need to make sure the Zoom app is one of those apps. If it’s there, tap the Zoom app and make sure that Allow only while using the app option is selected.
- Once done, now launch the zoom app, and you should be able to use the camera.
- From home, tap the Settings icon
- Scroll down to the bottom to find Zoom
- Once found, tap the Zoom application
- After that, tap the button next to the Camera to give the Camera access to the app.
- Once done, go to the Zoom application and check if it works.
3. Download and install the latest driver
If your camera is still not working on the Zoom application, it might be related to the driver, as they are also important in capturing video and photos. Without the driver, the camera won’t work and will become useless until you install the right driver for your camera.
But before that, try using the preinstalled camera application on your Windows and check if you are able to see the video. If not, it must be the driver or hardware issues. Follow the steps to reinstall the camera driver:
- Right-click the Start Menu and select Device Manager
- Once the device manager is opened, expand the Cameras menu
- Then, right-click the camera driver and make sure that the device is enabled. If it is disabled, you will see an enable option. Just click on it to enable it.
- But if you don’t see a camera option or your camera device is already enabled. In that case, you can try downloading and installing the latest driver by navigating to the official manufacturer’s website.
4. Check if your Windows can detect the Camera
We tried all the methods that can fix this issue, but if none have worked for you, you should check whether Windows can detect the camera. If the Windows is not detecting, you can try changing the USB port, and if it’s still not detecting, then it must be your camera that cannot function properly. In this case, you can purchase a new camera for your computer. Follow the steps to check if your camera is working or not:
- Click Start Menu and type Control Panel.
- Open the control panel and go to View devices and printers.
- If your camera is properly connected, you can see it under devices. If you cannot see the camera, that means either the camera is not connected properly, or the camera is broken. In this case, you can try plugging the camera into the other USB port to see if this fixes it. If it’s still not showing under the Devices, it might be a hardware issue.
5. Reinstall Zoom App
If all the methods listed in this article did not help fix this issue. In that case, the final solution is reinstalling the Zoom application, as it might have some problem preventing the application from accessing the camera. Follow the steps to reinstall the Zoom application according to your device.
- To reinstall the Zoom app, click Start Menu and type Settings.
- Open Settings and go to Apps.
- Then, find and select the Zoom application.
- Click Uninstall.
- Again click Uninstall and wait for the application to uninstall.
- Once done, go to the official Zoom website and download the installer.
- Once done, double-click the installer and follow the basic instructions to install the Zoom app.
- Go to Settings and swipe down until you see the Apps
- Go to Apps and then tap Manage Apps.
- Find and tap the Zoom app, then tap Uninstall
- Tap OK to uninstall the app
- Once done, open the Playstore, install the Zoom app, and see if the issue persists.
- Tap the Settings icon to open it.
- Scroll down and tap General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Now search for the Zoom app.
- Once you find it, tap on it and then tap on Delete App.
- Again tap on Delete App.
- Once you have deleted the zoom app, go to the Apps store and install the Zoom app.
- Once done, check if the issue is resolved.