Do you feel irritated about forced automatic updates on Windows 10, mostly at the most inconvenient times? Thus, Wu10Man may just be the answer for you. Unfortunately, Microsoft is providing very little control over its operating system updates. Although, Windows users get some control over the recent updates. However, they could not remove them fully. Luckily, Wu10Man will solve this issue by providing us with many features to control Windows 10 Updates.
Wu10Man is completely free open-source software. This software does not make critical changes to the operating system. It focuses on disabling the services responsible for these updates.
Download and Install Wu10Man
As Wu10Man is free open source software, that’s why it is accessible for all users.
- Firstly, all you need to do is to visit the GitHub repository.
- Secondly, download and install the new version of the Wu10Man. Also, you may require administrator rights to use this program.
Group Policy Setting
The best side of this software is its potential to disable Windows 10 services. Fortunately, This service updates everything, that any user may encounter on a daily bases. For instance, Windows Update Facility, Windows Module Installer, and Windows Update Media Service. On the other hand, there is such a situation when Windows turns these back on, even after you deactivate it. Hence, you can also change the name of a service file to deactivate it again. For now, there are four options to implement group policy settings:
- Enable Automatic Updates,
- Disable Automatic Updates,
- Notify of Download and Installation, and
- Automatic Download – Notify of Installation.
Disable the Services
This option will provide you the power to deactivate automatic updates. It has three main update services: Update Medic Service, Update Service, and Module Installer. The left side of the windows shows the main objective of every service separately. On the other hand, the right side of the windows shows the toggles to enable/disable the service.
- Tap on the ‘Windows Services’ tab.
- Firstly, tap to switch on the toggle button to disable all these services. The Operating System of Windows 10 will stop checking for the new updates.
- It will show the alert message that the service is disabled. Press ‘OK’.
Wu10Man software already blocks some variety of URLs. Additionally, users can add extra URLs to this list. For instance, they can put all undesirable system updates at the harbor. Luckily, Wu10Man is giving us the right to directly add those domains to the Windows HOSTS file. This reroutes them to a false IP. In conclusion, making it difficult for Windows 10 to connect with Windows Updates Servers. Whenever this software tries to make changes to the HOSTS file, Windows Update will see it as a risk and block it. The software is secure and stable. Therefore, it is suggested to temporarily disable the antivirus.
- Tap on the ‘Hosts File’ tab.
- Tap on ‘Block All Hosts’ choice to disable all hosts.
- Similarly, tap on ‘Unblock All Hosts’ to recover the host file to its original form.
- After that, tap on ‘OK’.
Pausing Windows Updates
As we’re all familiar by how new changes restlessly causing problems. Thus, it may not be useful to fully disable updates for a long time. However, it’s a great idea not to quickly update the pc. Besides, it’s useful to wait until the errors are resolved. Therefore, you might like to pause updates till you believe the new edition is safe to get. Consequently, Wu10Man requires all function changes and consistency improvements to be disabled over a fixed time.
Wu10Man’s ‘Pause Updates’ section provides two ways to do this.
- Tap on the ‘Pause Updates’ tab.
- The very first choice is to pause feature updates that add new functionalities. Enable the feature by choosing a date from the integrated calendar in the system. You can also pick the number of days you want to delay changes.
- The other choice is ‘Quality Updates’ (monthly aggregate updates), which can also be put on hold.
- Tap on ‘Save’ to continue.
- Alert message will be shown. Press ‘OK’.
Beta-Declutter Windows Installation
Wu10Man has a BETA-Declutter service mentioned on the last tab. It contains various applications that Windows 10 boats with. Those applications which are not needed to operate on the operating system.
Windows usually struggled to make the default apps to a minimum. You may not be able to use all of them. Yet the existence of these applications will affect your device and its efficiency. In such a case, you can shut them off using Wu10Man.
- Tap on the ‘Beta-Declutter’ tab.
- Mark the checkbox as filled for each item.
- At last, tap the option ‘Remove Checked Apps’.
Although it’s always the perfect option to delay regular Windows 10 notifications. As a result, the tool isn’t without disadvantages. For example, the Group Policy Editor is still not available for Windows 10 Home users. Along with this, it is no wonder that anything which can stop the continuous stream of automatic updates is becoming broadly known.