This issue occurs because of many reasons such as, sometimes the keyboard and Mouse drivers are outdated and the windows do not respond to them. Similarly, when windows 11 is outdated, it stops working and cannot wake up from sleep. Moreover, when the user tries to fast the rebooting and shutdown process, or the system is on maximum power saving mode, Windows 11 do not work and is stuck on sleep mode.
Here are some reasons why windows 11 cannot wake from sleep;
- Inappropriate power settings: In some cases, your system runs on maximum power-saving mode. It is also the main reason for sleep mode. When the battery is low, the system activates the sleep mode. You can simply turn off the power-saving option and continue your work without any problem.
- Outdated Drivers: Outdated drivers of mice, keyboards, or USB ports also cause this issue. Users use mouse clicks or keyboard keys to wake up the computer from sleep mode. But sometimes the drivers do not support windows updates and do not respond to its suspension. To fix this issue you can update the system drivers. You can change the power management settings of the keyboard/ mouse.
- Outdated Windows: Microsoft is introducing several new features in Windows 11. It requires frequent windows updating. Because sometimes the outdated updates do not support the system requirement and cause issues such as windows 11 being stuck on sleeping mode. You can check and install the latest updates
- Fast Startup: This feature helps in fasting the rebooting/restarting of the system. But, in some cases, this process messes up with the boot-up or shutdown process. Thus the windows cannot wake up from sleep mode. To fix this issue you simply disable this feature.
Microsoft Company keeps on trying to provide its users with the latest updates in windows 11. But still, a few errors encounter like the window being stuck on sleep mode. Sleep mode puts the computer into a low-power mode and helps in saving the battery. But sometimes, the windows are stuck on sleep mode even when they click the mouse, power button, shut or restart their computers. This window suspension does not allow the users to resume their activity. The following methods will help you in fixing this issue.
1. Change Power Plan Settings
The maximum power-saving mode put your system remain in sleep mode. It saves the battery when the charging is low or the user has taken a break from work. If the maximum power saving mode is ON, you can turn it off by using the following steps;
- Click on the Start Menu and type Control Panel on the search bar.
- Open the Control Panel and click on Hardware and Sound. Now select Power Option.
- Go and click the Change Plan Settings. Then click on Change advanced power settings.
- A new window will open. Scroll down and expand the PCI Express option.
- Now expand the Link State Power Management and click on the Maximum Power savings.
- A drop-down list will open. So, select the off option.
- Now, press the Apply tab. Then click on ok. Now close the control panel and check if the problem is resolved.
2. Disable the Hibernate
Disabling hibernate will eventually turn off the fast startup feature in windows 11. If you turn off this feature you can resume the windows. It works slowly but resolves the issue. You can also lose some important data, once you disable it. Thus, here are some steps that will help you to fix the Windows 11 sleep mode issue;
- Click on the Start Menu and type CMD on the search bar.
- Now right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as an administrator.
- So, type the following command on the command line and hit the Enter key.
Powercfg.exe /hibernate off Exit
- The command prompt will close. Now restart your system and check if the problem is solved.
3. Re-enable Hibernation
Hibernate uses less power as compared to sleep. A user can resume his work where he left it. But you should enable this feature if you do not have to use a tablet/laptop for more duration. So, re-enabling this feature will terminate the sleep mode and restart the work. So, follow these steps;
- Click on the Magnifying glass from the taskbar. Now type CMD
- Right-click on the command prompt and run it as Administrator.
- So, type the following commands and press the enter key;
powercfg.exe /hibernate off powercfg.exe /hibernate on Exit
- Now check if your problem is fixed or not.
4. Updating the Windows
Sometimes, the old version of windows does not support the system requirements. It is necessary to update the drivers of windows to fix the issue like windows cannot wake up from sleep mode. So, here are some steps that will help you in installing new Windows updates.
- Press Window Key + I from the keyboard, to open the Windows Settings.
- So, click on Windows Updates and then click on check for updates, to check if there is any update pending or not.
- So. if the update is available, download it
5. Power Troubleshooting
Windows 11 facilitates its users by providing troubleshooting features. Sometimes the power issues can be a reason for sleep mode. Running the power troubleshooter can detect the issue and repair it. So, follow these steps appropriately;
- Click on the Start Menu and open the Windows Settings.
- Click the system and scroll down to Troubleshoot option.
- So, select the other troubleshooter. Again scroll down and search for the power option.
- Press the Run option. Power Troubleshooting will take some time to detect the issue.
- Once the issue detects, it will repair the issue itself.
6. Change the Mouse & Keyboard Properties
When there is a problem in the power plan this problem occurs. The power management of drivers and USB ports disables the devices. So, the windows do not respond to any key and remain in sleep mode. You can change the settings and allow the device to make changes. So, follow these steps;
- Right-click on the Start Menu and select Device Manager.
- Now right-click on the keyboard and click on properties.
- So, click on the Power Management from the Menu bar and Turn On the option that says, “Allow this device to wake the computer”.
- So, press Apply and ok the same steps for Mouse settings by clicking on Mice and other pointing devices.
7. Update the Keyboard and Mouse Settings
The outdated drivers of the mouse and keyboard do not respond to some features of windows. So, you can follow the procedure to update the drivers.
- Open the Device Manager and expand the Mice and other pointing devices option.
- Right-click on the available mouse driver and press the Update Driver option.
- So, click on the search automatically for drivers.
- Click on the check for windows update to update the drivers.
- So, once it has been done, close the program and restart your system.
8. Disable the Fast Start-Up
This feature fasts up the restarting process. But sometimes, when the system shuts down it causes problems. You can simply turn off or disable this feature to fix the issue. So, follow these steps in sequence.
- Go to open the Start Menu and open the control panel.
- Type Power on the search tab. Now click on the Power option.
- So, chose the option that says, “Choose what the power buttons do”.
- Click on the Change settings that are currently available. Turn off the Fast startup option.
- So, close the program and check if the problem is fixed or not.