Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles shredder’s revenge not launching might occur due to a disabled .NET framework or a lack of administrator privileges to the game among other causes. The problem occurs on the game startup as it seems to not show any signs of initiating the startup like it normally does. We have a few fixes lined up for your ease. Teenage mutant ninja turtles not launching
But before directly going to the fixes, here it is suggested to have a look at the common culprits causing the error. Without any delay, let’s first find out the causes of this problem.
What Causes Teenage Mutant Ninja to not function Properly?
There can be multiple reasons why this is happening, Here’s a list of things that can cause this issue to occur:
- Visual C++ File’s unavailability- Unavailability of the visual C++ files can be a major problem to this error, In order to rectify this problem, we will be downloading Visual C++ Redistributions provided by Microsoft.
- Disabled .Net Framework- .Net Framework is a developer platform and is used to make cross-platform games. After the recent windows update, they have disabled the .NET framework by default. We will be Enabling the.Net framework by simply using a few commands
- Lack of administrator Privileges- Lack of Administrative privileges to the game can cause it to not launch properly or function efficiently, We’ll be providing the game administrative rights allowing it to run as an administrator
- Unnecessary services or programs intervening with games functionality- Some unknown services or programs functioning in the background can cause this error as well, We will be performing a clean boot which will allow us to run windows with a minimal number of services and programs at startup helping us identify the error’s root cause
- Blacklisted from antivirus- By Default, Windows Defender does not allow all apps to be whitelisted which can be a major cause of your game not launching successfully. We will manually be whitelisting the game to rectify this error.
- Outdated Graphics Drivers- Outdated graphics drivers can cause the game to not launch properly as well, We will be Doing a Clean Installation of graphic Driver to cope with this error
- Unstable windows Version- Unstable Windows Build version can be a major cause too since some of the windows updates are not stable for gaming. We will be updating our windows to take care of this solution.
- Corrupt Files- If the TMTP game files are corrupted it is most likely to cause the error and stop the game from launching. So, in this situation reinstalling the game may work for you to solve the error or before reinstalling we’ll be verifying the game file’s integrity. Now that we are aware of the causes of the error. Let’s get started with the solutions to rectify the error we are facing. Follow the Below-listed fixes to solve the problem.
Before trying these methods you can simply try to restart your computer and check if that fixes your issue.
1. Install Visual C++ Redistributable
The Visual C++ Redistributable is a microsoft provided service package that install necessary runtime libraries that are allow the smooth working of applications developed with visual c++ that in our case is Teenage mutant ninja turtle’s shredder. We will be downloading and installing visual studio files, To download Follow these steps:-
- Click here.
- Download Both the Version “x86” and “x64.
- Install by clicking on both the files one after the other.
- Restart Your PC to finalise the process.
Once that’s done we will be moving on to the next step which is to install the .NET framework.
2. Install .NET FrameWork
Windows has Disabled .NET after their Latest update and we will be enabling it by using just a few handy commands. Follow the steps below to enable the .NET framework.
- Press Windows Button.
- Search for Command Prompt.
- Run it as an administrator.
- Now In Command prompt Copy and paste the following command. dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all
- This Process will Take Some Time , Wait Until it finishes
- Once it finishes, Paste in the following command to continue with enabling .NET framework. dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:WCF-HTTP-Activation
- Once the Step No 6 is complete , again head over to your command prompt and paste in the following command. dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:WCF-NonHTTP-Activation
- Restart Your Computer.
3. Verify Game Files Integrity
Verifying games’ file integrity resolves installation corruption that prevents you from being able to play your game. To verify game files on the steam head on over to your steam interface and follow the steps given below.
- Right-click on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle’s shredder’s revenge from the List.
- Click On properties.
- Head on over to local Files
- Click on verify the integrity of game files
- Wait a While.
- Launch game.
4. Run The Game as an Administrator
We can try to run the game as an administrator, this will ensure that the game properly reads and writes the necessary game files because without permissions the game doesn’t have enough privileges to modify them.
- Click on Create desktop shortcut, what this will do is basically create a desktop shortcut icon for this game that’ll help us launch it as administrator.
- Click on Run as Administrator.
In order to launch your game as an administrator on Steam Follow the following steps:
- Head on over to your steam interface
- Right-click on the game.
- Hover on to Manage and Click on Browse Local files.
- Search For a File name “TMNT.EXE” and Right Click on it.
- Click on properties and on the new window it opened head over to Compatability Section.
- Check by clicking The “Run This Program As an Administator” box.
- Hit Apply.
- Run by double-clicking on the TMNT.exe File.
5. Clean Installation of Graphics Drivers
Newer drivers are constantly coming out for almost all graphics cards, and they include fixes for numerous bugs you might experience – such as this one. Your Graphic’s Card Might be the reason for the game to be not working up to its mark, to ensure that this is not the issue we will be doing a clean installation of the Graphics Driver. Follow the following steps to perform a clean installation of graphics Driver’s
- For Nvidia User’s Click here, and for AMD user’s Click Here.
- Once you have opened the Website, select your Graphics card.
- Now Select Your Operating System.
- Now, Scroll Down.
- Download the “Game Ready Driver.
- Run The File That you just downloaded.
- Select a Path for extraction.
- Click On OK.
- Select the Custom Installation option and click Next
- Check The “Perform Clean Installation” Box and Click next.
- Wait for a while until it finishes the process
- Restart Your Pc and Try Launching The game.
6. Disconnect Secondary Devices
A strange yet logical fix is disconnecting all HOTAS, Joystick, Multiple Monitor, USB devices, Logitech Wheel, Razer Tartarus Gamepad. According to our research, this fix deem’s to fix the problem. To check if it does just launch your game and see for yourselves.
7. Disable Applications
In this step, We will be disabling a few applications because they can interfere with your game and cause it to stop running or prevent the game from opening.
8. Update Your Windows
Another Straightforward fix for this could be updating your windows as windows announce new updates every now and then and some of them aren’t gaming-oriented, to update your windows follow the steps given below.
- Press the Windows key.
- Search for “Check for updates
- Click on check For updates.
- Install if your windows is not updated, in our case windows is up to date.
9. Allow the Game Exe file to the antivirus Program
Follow these steps to allow the game executable file to access your Third-party or Windows Defender antivirus
- Press Windows key
- Search “Windows Security”.
- Click on Virus and Threat Protection.
- Scroll Down, Click on Ransomware Protection.
- Toggle the Controlled Folder Access to On.
- Now Click on “Allow an app through Controlled folder access”
- Click on add an Allowed app and click on browse all apps.
- Now head on over to the game folder.
- Tap on TMNT and Click on Apply
- Repeat the process and select the “Launcher.exe” file
Now that we have done the steps, Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles can now access the window’s defender folder. Try launching the game, if it doesn’t work continue to the next step. We have only used Windows Defender for Demonstration purposes if you have a third-party antiviruses you have to whitelist the game accordingly.
10. Close Overlay Apps
To Close overlay apps in the steam head on over to your steam interface and follow these steps:
- Right-click on the game.
- Click on properties.
- Uncheck the “Enable The steam Overlay” if checked.
- Run The Game.
11. Perform a clean boot
A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. This is similar to starting windows in safe mode but provides you more control over which services and programs run at startup to help you isolate the cause of a problem. To perform a clean Boot Perform the following steps:
- Press Windows Key.
- Search For System Configurations.
- On the Services tab of System Configuration, select Hide all Microsoft services, and then select Disable all.
- Click on apply.
12. Reinstall the game
If after following all the steps mentioned above your game still does not function properly, just uninstall and reinstall the game to some other drive. This will surely solve your problem among other solution we have shared. Once You are inside of the game, To prevent Crashes Scale Down your Resolution as this will help your computer run the game a bit easier.
Additional steps for Game Pass Users
Skip these steps if you are a steam user since these will only work for people on Xbox’s game pass, Follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the issue.
The wrong date and time can cause confusion with servers as games save data with the date and time linked to it which causes the process to be unsynced. To Rectify this problem follow these steps:
- On the bottom-right of your screen Right Click on where it shows the date and time.
- Click on Adjust Date and time settings.
- Toggle the Set time zone automatically and set time automatically switches to on.
- Click on Sync now to synchronize your clock.
Uninstall & Reinstall Gaming Services:
There can be a malfunction in gaming services provided by Microsoft, in order to reinstall gaming services follow the following steps:
- Press Windows Key.
- Type in PowerShell in the search box and run it as an administrator.
- Paste The Following Command in the PowerShell terminal, It will basically completely uninstall Microsoft gaming services.get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
- Now paste in the following command. It’ll lead you to a page where you can install the gaming services.start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
Once done installing, Try playing the game.
Log in with the Same Account:
Open the Microsoft Store app and on the top-right log in to any account you want to log in with.
Now, Open Xbox App, and on the Top-left sign in with the same account as the Microsoft store. Ensure you are logged in with the same accounts on both Microsoft and Xbox and Try Launching The game.
Microsoft Store Updates:
To Install All Microsoft store updates follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Store.
- Click On libraries.
- Click On Get Updates.
- Click On Install.
- Once All updates are installed, Restart Your Computer and try launching the game.
If none of the fixes mentioned above are for you, try contacting the steam support center.