When you are stuck with Super People not logging in, there aren’t multiple reasons that can cause it. In most of the scenarios, this can occur when either the servers are facing issues that you can ascertain by checking out the official Twitter handle of the game or any other third party service. In addition to that, the issue can also be triggered by your local system services. This can include the Windows Firewall or any third party antivirus software you may have installed on your system. In this article, we are going to show you how to resolve the problem in question and log into the game successfully.
As it turns out, Super People is still in its beta and testing phase which helps the dev team to work through issues like Super People crashing. While the game has not been launched officially yet, there are still a limited amount of users who are able to play the game. The Windows Defender Firewall is important to the Windows operating system as it controls and manages the incoming and outgoing network requests. If your request is not being allowed to go through, you will not be able to login into your Super People account as the request never reaches the target servers.
On top of that, a third-party antivirus software that may be running in the background can also cause such an issue that it blocks a certain incoming or outgoing request. With that said, let us get started and show you how to get rid of the issue and sign in without any problems.
1. Disable Third-Party Antivirus
The first thing that you should do when you encounter the mentioned problem is to make sure that a third party antivirus program is not interfering with the game process. Modern antivirus programs offer various additional features that in essence, allow the program and monitor more aspects of your system. This includes providing security as you browse the internet. However, this actually goes further than that as the app can manage the requests that you are making and in some scenarios, even block certain requests.
As it turns out, this can cause different problems as you are using the internet. Therefore, we would recommend completely disabling the third party antivirus program on your computer first. With that done, open up the game again and see if the problem still appears.
2. Disable Windows Defender Firewall
As we have mentioned, the Windows Defender Firewall is an integral part of the operating system. This is because, as apparent from the name, it serves as a firewall that manages the network requests that are being made by the different apps that you have installed on your computer. The Windows Defender Firewall blocks any malicious or unsafe requests and so helps in keeping your PC safe.
However, in certain scenarios, it can block the requests of apps that may not be unsafe at all. This commonly happens with various games that you might be running on your system. Now, if the request is not being allowed by the Windows Firewall to go through, it won’t be able to reach the servers and thus your game won’t be able to communicate to receive the information that it requires.
In such a scenario, you can try disabling the Windows Firewall to see if that fixes your issue. In case it does, what you should do is enable the firewall again and whitelist the game in your firewall settings so that the incoming and outgoing requests are not blocked. Follow the instructions down below to disable the Windows Defender Firewall:
- First of all, open up the Start Menu and search for Control Panel. Open it up.
- In the Control Panel window, click on the System and Security option provided.
- There, make your way to Windows Defender Firewall.
- Now, on the left hand side, click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
- Then, choose the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall option for both Private and Public network settings.
- Finally, click the OK button to confirm the action.
- With that done, see if the problem ceases to exist. In case it is gone, you can easily whitelist the game by going to the Allow an app or feature through the Windows Defender Firewall option provided.
3. Login with Steam on the Website
As it turns out if disabling the third party antivirus and the Windows Defender Firewall does not circumvent the issue for you, then in such a scenario, what you can do is instead use the GeeGee website and login with Steam. This has been reported by another user who was facing a similar issue and managed to overcome it by using this method. To do this, follow the instructions that have been provided down below:
- To start off, in your browser, make your way to the official GeeGee website by clicking here.
- Once you have the website opened up, click on the Login option at the top right corner.
- Then, on the login screen, choose the Steam icon provided and then click the Sign in through Steam button.
- With that done, once you have logged in, go ahead and reload the game on your app.
- Once the game has restarted, you should be taken straight to the launch client and you won’t have to worry about logging in.