While trying to play Super People, players have been experiencing crashes where the game closes and displays an “Unfortunately, a crash has occurred.” error message. Multiple factors can contribute to a game crash and in such a case, you will have to consider every possible scenario. In many cases, this can happen when there are third-party applications that are interfering with the game, when your graphics drivers are not up to date, along many other things. In this article, we are going to take you through this process and show you how you can resolve the issue in question.
As it turns out, Super People is a game that is currently in its closed beta phase and it is pretty common for a game in the beta phase to have several issues like Super People not launching along with others. Like we have mentioned above as well, different things can cause an app or a game to crash on your system. Finding the cause can sometimes be troublesome, however, if you go through a setlist of methods, it makes it way easier. Before we get started with that, it is important to go through the different potential causes in more detail so that you can know what might be the culprit. So, without further ado, let us jump into it.
Now that we have gone through the possible list of causes, it is time we get started with the different methods that are available to circumvent the issue. With that said, let us get started without further delay.
Disable In-Game Overlays
As it turns out, the first thing that you should do when Super People keeps crashing is to make sure that you do not have any in-game overlays enabled. Some of the apps that we daily drive come with in-game overlays that allow us to access the app from within a game. While this is a neat feature, it can cause some issues with different games.
In such a scenario, you will have to disable the in-game overlays to resolve the issue. We will be showing you how to do this for Discord but the process is straightforward for other apps like GeForce Experience as well. Follow the instructions down below:
- First of all, open up the Discord client on your computer.
- On the Discord client, click on the gear icon next to your username.
- Then, on the left-hand side at the bottom, click on In-Game Overlay.
- Once you are there, click on the Enable in-game overlay slider to turn it off.
- With that, make sure you turn off the in-game of other applications that you might have installed as well such as GeForce Experience.
- See if that resolves the problem for you.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
Another reason that is very likely to cause your game to crash is when you have missing game files or the files that are installed on your system are corrupted. In such a scenario, what you can do is verify the integrity of your game files on steam that will essentially scan the files and download newer files in case of any anomalies. To do this, follow the instructions that are given down below:
- First of all, open up the Steam client and then navigate to the Steam Library.
- There, from the list of games, right-click on Super People, and from the drop-down menu, choose Properties.
- On the window that appears, navigate to the Local Files tab on the left-hand side.
- After that, click on the Verify integrity of game files button provided.
- Wait for it to complete and then see if the problem persists.
Installing Windows updates is an important part as they usually contain security patches along with a bunch of other stuff. In addition to that, newer games can sometimes require a specific version of Windows to work properly.
Therefore, if you have not updated your Windows operating system for a while, you will have to do so now. To do this, follow the instructions that are given down below:
- To start, press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to bring up the Windows Settings app.
- There, navigate to Update and Security. If you are Windows 11, this will be located on the left-hand side at the bottom.
- Once you are there, click on the Check for updates button provided to download and install any pending updates.
- After your system has been updated, go ahead and see if the game continues to crash.
Update Graphics Drivers
In addition to the operating system, making sure that your graphics drivers are up to date is important as well. This is because the drivers are used to communicating with the graphics card installed in your system. On top of that, in some cases, newer drivers are released for specific games by the manufacturers in case of any issues with the current version.
Thus, you will have to make sure that yours are updated. For this, we will recommend downloading the drivers manually from the manufacturer’s website and then installing them. To uninstall the current graphics drivers, follow the instructions that are given down below:
- First of all, open up the Device Manager by searching for it in the Start Menu.
- On the Device Manager window, expand the Display adapters list.
- There, right-click on your graphics drivers, and from the drop-down menu, choose the Uninstall device option.
- Once you have uninstalled the graphics drivers, head to your manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers available for your graphics card.
- Install the latest drivers and then restart your system.
- After your PC boots up, see if the game is still crashing.
While overclocking is something that can get you a free performance boost when done properly, it is something that can have its side effects at times as well. As it turns out, in some cases, when you have overclocked your components, especially the graphics card or the CPU, it can cause certain games to crash or not properly.
If this case is applicable, you will have to remove the overclock from your components if you wish to try out the game and then see if that resolves the issue for you.
Perform a Clean Boot
Finally, if none of the above methods have resolved the problem for you, then it is very likely that the issue is being caused by the interference of a third-party application. This is pretty common but the problem lies in finding the application that is causing the issue. Something that helps here is a clean boot that starts your system with only the required services running in the background.
This means that all of the third-party apps are blocked on startup. This way, if the problem goes away, you will know that the issue is being caused by a third-party app. In such a scenario, you can start the services one by one to find out the problematic app. To perform a clean boot, follow the instructions given down below:
- To start, press Windows key + R on your keyboard to bring up the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type in msconfig and then hit the Enter key.
- On the System Configuration window, switch to the Services tab.
- There, click on the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- After that, click the Disable all button and then follow it up by clicking Apply.
- Then, switch to the Startup tab and click the Open Task Manager option provided.
- On the Task Manager window, click the apps provided one by one and then click the Disable button.
- After that, go ahead and restart your computer.
- Once your PC boots up, launch the game to see if it still crashes.