You might not be able to see Perks in your Game Pass in the Xbox application primarily because of some misconfiguration or issues in the settings of the application itself. This problem can also be tied to a pending application or Windows update. This error message is common in both, Windows 10 and Windows 11. The following is the full text of the message:
Here are some of the most common reasons why you are not able to view details of perks:
- Outdated Xbox App: If the Xbox app on a user’s system is outdated, then the Xbox app’s incompatibility with the Xbox servers may cause the perks issue of the game pass as the Xbox app may fail to access the perks-related modules on the Xbox servers
- Improper Configuration of the Age and Location in the User’s Microsoft Account: A user may encounter the game pass issue at hand if his age is less than 18 years in the Microsoft account as it is mandatory for a user to be over 18 years to use the game pass. Either this or his Microsoft account’s location is set to a country where the problematic game’s perks are not supported.
- Corrupt Installation of the Xbox App and Microsoft Store: If the Xbox app or Microsoft Store’s installation is corrupt, then that may also cause the issue as the Xbox app may fail to verify the prerequisites of the perk.
- Country Requirements of the Perk: If a perk is limited to a particular country, then users in other countries may not be able to view these perks.
Update the PC’s Windows and Xbox App to the Latest Build
If the Xbox app or Windows of a PC is outdated, then its incompatibility with the Xbox servers may lead to the perks issue at hand as the app fails to load the perks-related modules from the server. Here, updating the PC’s Windows and Xbox app to the latest build may clear the issue. Before proceeding, make sure the Xbox account in use (on the Xbox app and Microsoft Store) is the one that has an active subscription to the game pass.
- Click Windows, search and open Check for Updates.
- Now, in the update window, click on Check for Updates and wait till the updates are installed.
- Then open Advanced Options and click on Optional Updates.
- Now, make sure to install all the optional Windows updates and then restart the system.
- Upon restart, check if the game pass issue is resolved.
- If not, click Windows, search and open Microsoft Store.
- Now search for Xbox and click on Xbox.
- Then, if an Xbox app update is available, click on Update and wait till the Xbox app is updated.
- Once the Xbox app is updated, restart the system and upon restart, check if the game pass’s perks error is cleared.
Change Location and Age in the User’s Microsoft Account
If a user’s age in his Microsoft account is less than 18 years or his location is set to a country where the game’s perks are not supported, then that may cause the perks issue in the game pass. In this case, a user may fix the problem by changing the location and age in the user’s Microsoft account.
- Launch a web browser and head to the Microsoft Account page.
- Now login using the credentials link to the Xbox app and head to Your Info tab.
- Then click on Edit Profile Info and make sure to edit the date of birth so the user’s age is more than 18 years.
- Afterward, make sure the country is set as per the perk requirement of the game.
- Now click on Save and afterward, close the browser window.
- Then restart the system and upon restart, launch the Xbox app and check if its perk issue is cleared.
Use a VPN Application
Many perks are restricted to particular countries and if a user is trying to use the perk from another country, then that may result in trouble showing the details of this perk. Here, using a VPN and connecting it to the supported country may clear the game pass issue.
- Exit the Xbox app and close its related process in the system’s Task Manager.
- Then download and install a VPN application on the system.
- Now connect to a supported location of perk (preferably, the USA) and then open the Xbox app to check if the Xbox game pass perk issue is cleared.
Change the Language and Regional Settings of the System
If the language/regional settings of the user’s system do not match the language/regional requirements of the perk, then that may also cause the issue at hand. Here, changing the language and regional settings of the system may solve the problem. For elucidation, we will discuss the process for a Windows 11 PC.
- Firstly, exit the Xbox app and close Microsoft Store. Then end the related processes in the system’s Task Manager.
- Then, right-click on Windows and select Settings.
- Now, in the left pane of the Settings window, head to the Time & Language tab, and the right pane, open Language and Region.
- Then set the Country or Region to the one required by the perk e.g., the United States.
- Now click on Add a Language and add the language required by the perk (e.g., English USA).
- Once the new language is added, drag it to the top of the Preferred Languages list.
- Now set the newly added language as the Display Language of Windows.
- Then restart the system and upon restart, check if the Xbox app is clear of the game pass perk issue.
- If not, set the Country or Region, Language, and Display Language (by repeating steps 1 to 7) to the one that matches the user’s Xbox account settings and restart the system to check if that resolves the Xbox issue at hand.
Reset the Xbox App and Microsoft Store to the Factory Defaults
A user may not be able to view perk details if the installation of the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app is corrupt as, due to this corrupt installation, the Xbox app fails to verify the prerequisites of the game perks. In this scenario, resetting the Xbox app and Microsoft Store to the factory defaults may solve the problem. For elucidation, we will discuss the process for a Windows 11 PC.
- Click Windows, search and open the Xbox app.
- Now, near the top left of the window, click on the gamer tag and select Sign Out.
- Then confirm to Sign Out of the Xbox app and close the Xbox app.
- Now click Windows, search and open Microsoft Store.
- Then, near the top right, click on the user icon and select Sign Out.
- Now confirm to Sign Out of the Microsoft Store and close the Store window.
- Then, right-click on the Windows and select Apps & Features.
- Now, in the Apps List, search for Xbox and click on three vertical ellipses in front of Xbox.
- Then select Advanced Options and afterward, click on the Terminate button.
- Now click on Repair and then confirm to repair the Xbox installation.
- Then click on Reset and afterward, confirm to reset the Xbox app.
- Now hit the back button and terminate, repair, and reset the following Xbox-related applications (by repeating the steps discussed above):
Xbox Game Bar Xbox Live Microsoft Store
- Then click Windows, type, and open WSReset.
- Then wait till the Microsoft Store is launched and log in with the credentials connected to the Xbox account.
- Now, in the left pane, head to the Library tab and click on Get Updates.
- Then make sure to install all the updates and afterward, restart the system.
- Upon restart, launch the Xbox app and log in with the Xbox account having the subscription to the game pass.
- Now check if the Xbox user can claim the perk without triggering the error of sorry we’re having trouble showing the details of this perk.
- If not, check if uninstalling the Xbox app, restarting the system, and reinstalling the Xbox app clears the game pass issue.
Use the Xbox Game Pass Mobile App
If none of the above resolved the game pass issue, then a user may claim perks on Xbox Mobile Pass i.e., the mobile app of the Xbox Game Pass. Keep in mind that all types of game perks cannot be claimed through a mobile app like Disney+, Crunchyroll, Discord Nitro, etc. For illustration, we will go through the process of claiming game pass perks on the Android version (even an Android emulator like BlueStacks can also be used) of the Xbox Game Pass app.
- Launch the Google Play Store and search for the Xbox Game Pass app.
- Now open Xbox Game Pass and tap on Install.
- Once installed, launch the Xbox Game Pass app and log in using the Xbox linked account.
- Now tap on the user’s profile picture and under Perk, press Show All.
- Then claim the game perk to check if the issue is resolved.
- If that fails and the user owns an Xbox console, then he may get perks on Xbox by using the console.
If the issue persists, then a user may contact Xbox support to resolve the perk issue of the game pass.