Solidworks 2021 can typically crash and stop running without any warning. The problem usually occurs after the automatic installation of the update KB5019980 or KB5007297 on Windows 11. However, the problem might occur when other programs or windows services interfere with the Solidworks app installation.
In this article, we have shortlisted some fixes for the Solidworks 2021 crashing issues. Take a look below for the most effective troubleshooting solutions and follow them one by one to solve the problem.
1. Check your System Specification
Make sure your computer is capable enough to run the Solidworks 2021 program. If the specifications of your computer don’t meet the software requirements, then it can cause these kinds of issues. It is recommended to check the Solidworks 2021 system requirements and confirm if your Windows system meets them.
2. Update your Video drivers
Solidworks requires certified graphics drivers to operate smoothly, but if your system driver is corrupted or outdated, it may crash. To update the graphics drivers of your computer, follow the steps given:
- Press Win + X then click on the Device Manager option.
- In Device Manager, click on the display adapters option to expand it.
- Then right-click on the graphics card name and click on the update driver option.
- Now click on the search automatically for updated drivers software on the web option.
- And Windows will search and download newer versions of drivers if available.
- Once the process is done, restart your computer and check whether the issue is resolved.
3. Perform a Clean Boot
This problem may arise if some startup programs or applications conflict with the Solidworks application and stop it from running, causing it to crash. In this situation, it is advised to perform a clean boot on your computer because it will turn off any startup programs running in the background.
Follow the instructions below to clean boot your computer:
- Press Windows + R key to open the Run box item.
- Enter msconfig in the box, then hit the ok button.
- Check the Hide All Microsoft Services box under Services in the System Configuration window.
- And click on OK and then Apply.
- Now select the Startup tab, and select the open Task Manager option.
- Select the Startups tab, then select each startup and disable them.
- Now restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved or not.
4. Uninstall and Reinstall Solidworks
If none of the methods mentioned above worked for you to stop Solidworks 2021 from crashing. In that case, it is recommended to uninstall the application and perform a fresh download from the official website and reinstall it.
To do so, follow the steps given:
- Click on the Start icon and search for the Control Panel in the search bar.
- Now click on the Uninstall a program option.
- Then, in the list, search for Solidwork, right-click on it and click on the uninstall option.
- Now follow the steps shown on the screen to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once the process is done, download the application from the official website, install it, and check if the issue is resolved.