Servers unreachable error is displayed while trying to launch the For Honor game and it is caused mostly due to service outage at the developers’ end. This error might also indicate an issue with the stability of your internet connection.
What Causes the “Servers Unreachable Error” in For Honor?
We found the underlying causes to be:
- DNS Issue: Sometimes the DNS Settings that have been cached by the computer might be corrupted due to which the internet connection isn’t being established properly and the error is being triggered. The DNS Cache is regenerated upon deletion and the computer detects the new configurations after scanning the network.
- Service Outage: Most usually, this error is caused due to a service outage at the developers’ end due to which the internet connection can’t be established. Information such as sever degradation is usually updated on the sites’ twitter page or on other social media platforms.
- Port Forwarding: In some cases, the ports that are used by the game to establish the connection with the servers might be in use by another application or they might not have been forwarded. It is important that the Ports are forwarded properly in order for the game to be able to connect to the servers.
- VPN: If you are currently using a VPN to connect to the servers, it is recommended to refrain from using the VPN connection and disconnect from it. Because, if the servers detect that the connection is being masked, they might flag it as suspicious and the connectivity might be affected.
- Disabled UPnP: UPnP is a feature that allows the users to connect to a network with minimal configurations and it provides an ease in connectivity. Most games require this feature to be enabled in order for them to be able to access the computer and establish a connection.
Solution 1: Checking Service Outage
As a first step towards troubleshooting the issue, we will be investigating if the issue is at the developers’ end or on ours. In order to do that:
- Open a browser of your choice and click here.
- Check if the green tick mark is present before your platforms’ name.
- If there is a green mark, it means that there isn’t any service outage and the issue is present on your end.
- Therefore we will be troubleshooting the problem according to the guide below.
Solution 2: Flushing DNS
The Buildup of DNS cache is dangerous because if corrupted, it can prevent the internet functionalities of your computer and prevent a stable connection from being established. Therefore, in this step, we will be flushing the DNS. For that:
- Press “Windows” + “R” to open the Run prompt.
- Type in “cmd” and press “CTRL” + “Shift” + “Enter” to provide administrative privileges.
- Type in the following command and press “Enter”.
- Wait for the process to be completed and launch the game.
- Check to see if the issue persists.
Solution 3: Port Forwarding
All applications and software use certain port numbers to communicate with the web. These ports provide a hub of communication between the client and the servers. However, they need to be opened and configured for the application in order to work properly.
The ports used by “For Honor” are:
TCP: 443, 80, 14000, 14008, 14020, 14022, 14027, 14028, 14043
UDP: 3075, 3074
Solution 4: Enabling UPnP
UPnP stands for Universal Plug n Play and it provides a convenient solution to communicate with the web with minimal security and fast speed. All games use this because it has minimal security blockage and provides the appropriate speed required for online gaming. However, this feature might come disabled in some routers due to which the issue might arise. Therefore, you have to enable UPnP and then check if the game works.