Roblox Error Code 268 “You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior.” mainly occurs when the Roblox Client detects any suspicious program that can be either a third-party program or a hacking tool. However, this error also occurs due to a server problem from Roblox.
Even though this error should not pop up when there is a server problem, some users have confirmed that this error can be caused by a server problem. Therefore, it is important to check the Roblox server status before moving down to the following methods.
In some cases, Roblox gives soft bans to its users as a punishment for doing any unexpected activity which is not allowed. If that’s the case, then just wait for at least 1 to 24 hours for the ban to be removed. Usually, a soft ban lasts for one hour. Hence, if all the methods fail to fix this error, try waiting for at least 1 hour.
|🚫Occurs When:||Soft-banned by Roblox|
|✅Best Solution:||3. Uninstall Any Suspicious Program|
|🔍Caused by:||Suspicious program/connection|
|👾Symptoms:||Error Code 268 with message "You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior"|
1. Clear DNS cache
Clearing the DNS cache will clear the DNS records from the local cache, so the next time when you open Roblox, it will first ask the DNS server to convert the server domain names to IP addresses, which will help connect to Roblox servers. Hence, if there is a corrupted DNS cache on your device causing this error, clearing the DNS cache will help.
- To do this, press the Windows key and type cmd in the search menu.
- Open the command prompt.
- Now type ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter to clear the DNS cache.
- Once done, paste the following commands to reassign the IP address of the computer.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew
- Once done, close the command prompt, launch Roblox, and see if the error is fixed or not.
2. Use VPN
There are several ways that Roblox used to give a soft ban to its users. The most common ban is the IP ban that Roblox can give you. Since this error mostly occurs due to an IP ban, we will try changing the global IP address by connecting to the free VPN.
There are many free VPNs available on the internet; you can visit our article to install the best VPN. Once you have connected to the VPN, check if the error is fixed or not. If it is, it means it is a soft IP ban, which will be removed soon.
3. Uninstall Any Suspicious Program
If you are using any suspicious program that indicates to suspicious activities such as hacking or cheating, uninstalling that program from Windows and waiting for the ban to remove will fix this error.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run program.
- Enter Appwiz.cpl in the search box and click OK to open Programs and Features.
- Right-click the program that you think is suspicious, and click Uninstall.
- Once the program is uninstalled, just wait for the ban to remove.
4. Perform a Clean Boot
If there is any third party or malware service that is interfering with Roblox DLL files, performing a clean boot is a way to disable that server. A clean boot starts Windows without third-party drivers and services, so you can determine which service or third-party program is causing this error.
To perform a clean boot:
- Click Start Menu and type msconfig.
- Open System Configuration, and select Selective startup.
- Then go to Services, tick Hilde all Microsoft services, and click Disable All.
- Once done, click Apply and click OK.
- Now restart your computer for changes to take effect.
5. Re-install Roblox
If the error persists, try clean reinstalling Roblox because it is possible that you are facing this error due to corrupted Roblox client files, which forces the game to display error code 268 for no reason.
To re-install Roblox:
- Press Windows key and search for %localappdata%.
- Open the folder, find and right the Roblox folder, and select Delete.
- Once the folder is removed, open Settings by pressing Win + I on your keyboard.
- Go to Apps > Installed apps.
- Search for Roblox, click the three dots, and then click Uninstall.
- Again, click Uninstall.
- Once done, now go to the Roblox site and click the Play icon on any game to install the Roblox installer.
- Now Install the Roblox by just double-clicking the installer.
- Once done, check if the error is fixed or not.
6. Try Launching Roblox on your Mobile
Roblox can also give soft bans to its users through their accounts. If the error occurs on the mobile version of Roblox, it means they have banned your account. In this case, you cannot do anything except contact the Roblox appeals team.
If the Roblox is running without any error on your mobile, that means it is an IP ban which will automatically remove by itself.
7. Reset your Windows
If you have waited for 24 hours and still encountering this issue, try resetting your Windows because it is possible that Roblox has detected some suspicious services that are working silently in the background and cannot be disabled. Hence, try resetting your Windows by following the instructions.
- Right-click Start Menu and select Settings from the options.
- Once the settings is opened, find the Recovery options and navigate into it.
- Click Reset PC, choose Keep my files.
- Select Local reinstall and click Next.
- Finally, click Reset to reset your Windows.
- Once done, download the Roblox installer.
- Install Roblox on your Windows and see if the error is still popping.
8. Appeal for a Ban
If all solutions have failed, the final method is to appeal for your ban if you have not done anything which exploits the rules of Roblox, such as cheating. Just visit Robox Support from here, describe your issue, and submit your application.
-Roblox Error Code 268 FAQs
To fix this, try reinstalling Roblox completely because it is possible that there are some corrupted files in Roblox which is showing you this error message for no reason. However, if you used any suspicious application that is used to cheat in Roblox. In this case, you cannot do anything else to fix this error unless creating a new account.
Error code 268 in Roblox simply means Roblox has detected unexpected activity from you, which results in this error message. Don’t worry. It is a soft ban that will automatically remove after some time. However, if you have not done anything that is against Roblox policy, it could be a server problem or a game files issue, which can be fixed by reinstalling the game.
Yes, it is a temporary ban, which can be given by Roblox to do unexpected activities while playing Roblox, such as cheating. However, if there are any third-party applications or services on your Windows that indicate the material, like malware or any program related to cheating in games, this error can be produced. Hence, it is recommended to uninstall the applications that you think are responsible, then just wait for a ban to be removed.