The Net Parsing Error 0xc00ce556 occurs when trying to open a program, or after booting the system. Some users have reported that they encountered NET Parsing Error 0xC00CE556 error right after the Windows installation while others reported that the error occurs when trying to update Windows.
We had a look into this and discovered some of the main reasons that might behind NET Parsing Error 0xC00CE556. Below we mentioned some of the main causes:-
- Corrupted machine.config file: Machine.config contains configuration data which are applied to an entire computer. There is a good possibility that the machine.config is corrupted which causes NET Parsing Error 0xC00CE556.
- Corrupted Microsoft .NET Framework: If there is any corruption in the Net Framework, you may encounter NET Parsing Error 0xC00CE556.
- Corrupted system Files: As it turns out, corrupted system files can be the sole reason for this error to occur, you have to repair them to avoid NET Parsing Error 0xC00CE556.
- Software conflict: The error may arise due to the conflict of software, which means there is a third-party application that causes NET Parsing Error 0xC00CE556.
- Incorrect Installation of Windows: Because the error occurred right after the installation of Windows OS, then there may be a chance of incorrect Windows installation that can trigger this NET Parsing Error 0xC00CE556.
1. Replace The Corrupt machine.config file with the Default file
Machine.config is a configuration file written in XML which stores the global settings of all the asp.net applications. However, you can easily replace the corrupted machine.config with the actual one by just copy-pasting.
- To replace the machine.config, open Run Program by pressing Windows + R at the same time
- Type the following path and hit Enter
Note: The version of the framework might change. So try to navigate manually by following the path
- First, delete the Machine.config and drag the Machine.config.default to the desktop
- On the desktop, rename the Machine.config.default to Machine.config
- Once done, copy the file from the desktop and paste it to the location
- Click Continue when asked for administrator privileges
- Now restart your computer and see if the error persists.
2. Clean boot the system
Another solution to fix NET Parsing Error 0xC00CE556 is to perform a clean boot, which is a troubleshooting technique used to diagnose applications that cause errors. Third-party applications or even Microsoft services can conflict with the NET Framework or you can say with the system files. To find which software is causing the error, you have to disable all the irrelevant services and third-party software by performing a clean boot to Windows, which loads the required services and minimum drivers. If the error does not appear after performing a clean boot that means there is a third-party or Microsoft service causing the error. To fix this you have to enable the services one by one or half at a time to find the culprit. Make sure to restart the computer after enabling the services. If you cannot find the culprit, you can use your Windows in a clean boot.
- To clean boot the Windows, click the Start Menu and type MSConfig
- Open the first Settings, click the Selective Startup and select the Services tab from the top
- Tick the option Hide All Microsoft Services and click Disable All
- Click Apply and click OK for the changes to take effect.
3. Run System File Checker and DISM
When it comes to corrupted files, the first thing you should do is to run System File Checker, a command-line utility used to replace the corrupted files with the cached.
DISM contains three utility commands which allow advanced scanning, restoring, and disk checking. DISM includes DLL packages and system files for Windows.
Running SFC or DISM may help fix NET Parsing Error 0xC00CE556. Below are the steps:-
- Click Start Menu and search for Command Prompt
- Open command prompt as administrator by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Enter at the same time
- Once the command prompt is launched, insert the below command and press Enter after each command
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth sfc/ scannow
- Once all is done, restart your computer and see if the error persists.
4. Install Microsoft .NET Framework
If the Net Framework were corrupted then you may need to install Microsoft Framework as it may be the culprit of causing NET Parsing Error 0xC00CE556. Net Framework is used for running different applications on different platforms. It also allows users to design applications in a development environment. If there is any corruption in the net framework, it will automatically fix.
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework from the link
- Wait for the downloading process to complete
- Run the framework installer and follow the on-screen instruction to install .Net Framework
- Once done, restart your computer and check if the error is fixed.
5. Enable Microsoft .NET Framework
If reinstalling Net Framework does not fix the problem, try enabling Microsoft Net Framework. Both solutions can potentially fix NET Parsing Error 0xC00CE556. Most applications require some advanced options of Microsoft Net Framework to be enabled in order to run certain applications.
- To enable Microsoft .Net Framework, click the Start Menu and type Windows Features
- Open the Setting belongs to Windows Features
- Check the subfolders under.Net Framework 3.5 (includes .Net 2.0 and 3.0)
- Once done, click OK to save the changes
- Once you save the changes, a new Window will popup
- Select Download Files From Windows Update
- Once done, check if the error persists.
6. Update Windows OS
As many users reported that they cannot update their Windows due to the interference of some errors. You need to update the Windows even if errors interfere. Updating Windows can resolve this error. In case you are unable to install the Windows update, we recommend you to use the Media Creation tool or download the Windows update from Microsoft Catalog. You can also try to resolve the error by visiting our article on How to Fix Windows Update Error Codes. If the article does not belong to your error code, still you can follow these steps because the most error occurs due to not having the important settings.
- To update Windows OS, launch the Settings by pressing Win + I keys
- Navigate to Update & Security
- Click Check For Updates to download pending updates
- Once done, restart your computer and check if the error persists.
7. Reinstall Your Operating System
If all else fails to fix NET Parsing Error 0xC00CE556, you may need to reinstall the operating system. As per the affected users, the error occurs right after the incorrect installation of Windows. Reinstalling the operating system will fix this error.