DLL files are the souls of a computer. They are the library files that hold numerous instructions required to run an application or a game properly.
When a DLL file is corrupted or missing from a PC, it displays error messages that cause programs to crash. MSVCR80.dll is a library file associated with the installation of certain programs.
If somehow this file gets corrupted or deleted from the system, you might encounter an error while installing a program, or it could also occur during Windows installation.
This error can appear in the following forms described below.
- “The file msvcr80.dll is missing.”
- Msvcr80.dll not found.
- This application failed to start because msvcr80.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
- “Cannot find [PATH]\msvcr80.dll”
All of these error messages have one thing in common, i.e., MSVCR80.dll not found or missing.
Reasons Behind the MSVCR80.DLL Problem:
There is only one major reason behind this problem’s existence in a PC, i.e., a missing or corrupted MSVCR80.dll file. This error can also be caused by registry issues or malware affecting the PC.
Solutions to Fix This Problem:
There are numerous solutions to this problem, and they can be fixed by following the methods below.
Method #1: Downloading a DLL from an External Resource.
The first solution to this problem is quite simple; it involves downloading the DLL file from a legitimate website. Follow the steps below carefully.
- You can download the 32-bit and 64-bit versions from dll-files.com. Choose according to your specific Windows version.
MSVCR80.DLL, a 64-bit version 8.0.50727.42.
MSVCR80.DLL 64 bit version 8.0.50727.6195
MSVCR80.DLL, 32-bit version 8.0.50727.42.
MSVCR80.DLL, 32-bit version 8.0.50727.6195.
- After downloading the ZIP file, extract it using free compression tools such as WinRAR or 7-Zip.
- Inside the extracted folder, you will see a DLL file with a name, as in my case, it is called ‘dll‘.
- Copy the DLL file, then navigate to C:\Windows\System32. Paste the file you copied from the folder into this directory.
That’s all you need to do. Now, you will definitely have fixed the problem with the MSVCR81.DLL file. Make sure you don’t touch any other files.
Method #2: Downloading MS Visual C++ Redistributable 2005 Update.
This method is also guaranteed to solve your issue related to the MSCVR81.DLL file. All you have to do is download the package from this link. Simply navigate to this link and download the file according to your Windows version.
Install this update on your PC, and it will replace your missing DLL file with the most recent version.
Method #3: Running an SFC Scan.
If any of the above methods don’t work, then use this method to run a complete scan of your system using a built-in Windows tool called System File Checker Tool. This tool will fix all the corrupted or missing files on your PC.
You can follow along with this post on ‘How to Run an SFC Scan.’ I hope these methods will help you in fixing this problem.