MSVCR110.DLL is required for running applications that are developed using Microsoft Visual C++. MSVCR110.DLL stands for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, a DLL file that comes with Microsoft Visual C++. Microsoft Visual C++ is a runtime library that is used to develop and run many Windows-based applications.
Why Does MSVCR110.DLL is Missing Error Occurs?
When a program fails to detect the MSVCR110.DLL file, it shows The Program Can’t Start Because MSVCR110.dll Is Missing from Your Computer error. This mainly happens when the MSVCR110.DLL gets corrupted or deleted by a malicious or third-party antivirus application.
A DLL file is a text file that contains a code required for many applications. A DLL file can be used by multiple applications at a time. It means you will face this error on every application that requires the Microsoft Visual C++ library to function properly.
|⚠️Occurs When:||When launching applications|
|✅Best Solutions:||7 Working Solutions|
|❌Caused By:||Corrupted or missing MSVCR110.DLL file|
|👾Symptoms:||Unable to open application|
1. Run System File Checker
System File Checker is a Windows command that is used for restoring damaged and missing system files, including the DLL files. Windows has a compressed folder that is located in %WinDir%\System32\dllcache. SFC will scan all the protected system files and replaces them using this compressed folder.
To run the SFC command, follow the steps:
- Click the Start Menu and search for Command Prompt.
- Right-click the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Once it is opened as an admin, enter the following command and hit Enter to execute the command.
- Once done, wait for the verification to be completed.
- Then, try launching the problematic application to see if the error is fixed or not.
2. Proper Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
Since MSVCR110.DLL belongs to Microsoft Visual C++, we can try reinstalling all the versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, which will restore the MSVCR110.DLL automatically.
To reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ components, follow the steps:
- Launch Run Program by using Win + R keys together.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in the box and click OK to navigate into Control Panel programs and features.
- Now right-click the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables one by one and select Uninstall to remove them.
- Once you uninstall all of them, press the Windows key and search for Command Prompt.
- Right-click the command prompt and select Run as administrator. Now type the following command to clean up the component.
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
- Once done, go to the link to download the folder that contains all the versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ folder.
- Once you have downloaded it, extract the folder using WinRAR or 7zip.
- Then navigate to the extracted folder and run the Install_all batch file. This will install all the versions of Microsoft visual c++ at one time.
- Once done, now try running the application showing the error message.
3. Download the MSVCR110.DLL Manually
If you are still facing the error, download the MSVCR110.DLL file manually and replaces it with the corrupted one. To do so, just follow the instructions.
- Go to dll-files.com and search MSVCR110.DLL.
- Click the DLL file from the results to view other options.
- If you have a 32-Bit OS, download 32 bit DLL file. Otherwise, download the 64-Bit DLL file.
- To check the system type of your OS, click the Start Menu and type About Your PC.
- Open the about settings of your PC and check the System Type.
- Now download the DLL file according to it.
- Once done, extract the DLL file folder using WinRar or 7zip.
- Now open the extracted folder, and copy the DLL file.
- Paste it into the following directory.
- Then, select Replace the file in the destination.
- Once done, restart your computer and try running the problematic application to check if the error is solved.
4. Update your Windows
If you have any missing version of Microsoft Visual C++, you can try updating Windows to install it. Updating Windows will install all the required versions of Microsoft visual c++, along with restoring the required DLL files. Hence, try updating Windows by following the steps:
- To update the Windows, click Start Menu and search for Check for Updates.
- Open the Windows update settings, and click Check for updates. If the updates are found, click Download and install.
- Once done, restart your computer and try opening the application to check if the error is fixed.
5. Reinstall Application
Since we have tried every method that is possible to restore the MSVCR110.DLL file and nothing works, so it is possible that there is a problem with the application preventing it from detecting the MSVCR110.DLL file. In this case, you can try reinstalling the application from the official source to avoid this error.
- To reinstall the application, press the Win key and type Add or remove programs.
- Open the settings, search for the problematic application, click the three dots, then click Uninstall. Again, click Uninstall.
- Once done, download the application installer from the official website. Then simply install the application by following the on-screen instructions.
6. Use a System Restore utility
MSVCR110.DLL is one of the system-protected files and can be restored through the system restore. System Restore is a troubleshooting utility that takes a snapshot of Windows system files and saves it into a restore point. So if something bad happens, the user can restore the previous version of Windows in the future.
However, you will need a restore point created when you were not facing any of the errors on Windows.
- Click the Start Menu and type Rstrui in the search box.
- Run the system restore utility, and click Next to proceed.
- Then, select a restore point and again click Next. If it says, No restore points have been created on your computer system’s drive. Go for Resetting Windows.
- Now finally, click Finish to restore your Windows.
7. Reset Your Windows
If the error persists, the final solution you can try is resetting or reinstalling Windows. Resetting or reinstalling Windows will recreate all the system files, including the DLL files, which will fix this error for sure.
If your plan is to reinstall Windows, visit the article using the link. Otherwise, follow the instructions to reset your Windows.
- Press the Windows key and type Reset This PC.
- Hit Enter to open the Reset Windows settings.
- Click Reset PC to run the system reset component,
- Select Keep my files from the options.
- Then, click the Local reinstall and click Next.
- Now click Reset to reset your Windows. Once done, now all of your problems should be resolved.
MSVCR110.dll Is Missing from Your Computer- FAQs
Run System File Checker in the command prompt and check if the error is resolved or not. If not, download the MSVCR110.DLL and paste it into the System32 folder. Once done, restart your computer.
When the program cannot find the MSVCR110.DLL file, it shows MSVCR110.DLL is missing error. This mainly happens when the MSVCR110.DLL gets corrupted or misplaced due to interference from third-party applications.