DLL files are an important part of the programs developed in Microsoft Visual C++. It is also an important component of the Microsoft Visual C++ itself. So, these files are required to run the software or games developed in Visual C++. MSVCP100.dll is one of the most important files as it is required to be available at the time of running certain software. When this file is missing from the system, software that requires this DLL file stop working and displays an error i.e. MSVCP100.dll is missing. It also prompts the users to try reinstalling the program that doesn’t work in a majority of cases. So, this guide is all about fixing this problem in a better way.
This error might also appear in different forms mentioned below. If, you come across any of these, then, follow the instructions below to fix it.
dll Not Found. This application failed to start because msvcp100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. Cannot find [PATH]\msvcp100.dll Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvcp100.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
Reasons Behind the “MSVCP100.dll is Missing” Error:
There are various reasons that cause this error to frustrate the users. On a number of occasions, this error message appears when MSVCP100.dll is accidentally deleted from the system causing the applications to crash.
Viruses can also influence the MSVCP100.dll files by causing registry problems leading towards the failure of the application running properly.
Solutions to Fix the “MSVCP100.dll is Missing” Error:
This error can be resolved in a number of ways. Follow the methods below to fix it.
1. Properly reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Most of the time this issue arises from Visual C++ redistributable not being installed properly. So first we are going to completely remove them from our computer first then we are going to Install an all-in-one redistributable installer. This method will show you how to remove VC++ Runtimes properly and then reinstalling them. This will fix any issue you are having with VC runtimes. Follow these steps:-
- Press and hold the Windows key then press the “R” key to open the Run program.
- Once you open the run program type “Appwiz.cpl” and press enter.
- This should open the Windows uninstaller.
- Now find all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redists and uninstall them one by one.
- Restart your computer and uninstalling them.
Once you uninstall all the VC Runtimes, we will download a package containing all the redistributable.
- After restarting your computer head over to this link (here) and download the file.
- Once the file is downloaded you will have to unzip the file.
- After unzipping the file you will have the Installers.
- Right-click on the file named “install_all.bat” and click “Run as administrator”.
- Now, wait for all the VC Runtimes to install (this process is automated).
- Restart your computer and check to see if the issue persists.
2. Downloading the “MSVCP.dll” File From External Resources
Downloading the DLL files from external resources is not recommended unless they are verified over the internet. I will mention only those resources that are trusted. So, follow the steps below to download this file.
Note: Before proceeding, check for your version of Windows (32-bit /64-bit).
Open this legit DLL website and navigate to the third column labeled as Manual Fix. Scroll down the page and click on a big grey Download Zip-File It would ask you to choose a specific version of DLL file for your operating system. Select your specific version and download the zip file.
Inside the folder where you extracted the files, copy the dll file. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 directory and paste the file you copied.
3. Running SFC Scan:
If any of the above methods don’t work, then use this method to run a complete scan of your system using a built-in Windows tool called System File Checker Tool. This tool will fix all the corrupted or missing files from your PC.
You can follow along with this post How to run an sfc scan. I hope these methods will help you out in fixing this problem.