The ICN_Downloaded issue is caused by the malfunctioning of the modules of the Teams application. The issue arises when the user notices the ICN_Downloaded near the bottom right of the screen (just near the System’s Tray). The issue is reported on nearly all the major PC manufacturers.
Solution: Quit the Microsoft Teams Application or Change its Setting
The ICN_Downloaded tooltip is the result of the malfunction of the Microsoft Teams modules. In this context, closing the Microsoft Teams may solve the problem.
Minimize All Processes and Show the Desktop of Your System
- Press the Windows + D (or use the Show Desktop button) keys to show the desktop of your system.
- Now, check if the ICN_Downloaded tooltip is removed.
Quit the Teams Application Through the System’s Tray
- Show the hidden icons of the System’s Tray and right-click on the Teams application.
- Now, in the context menu shown, select Quit and then check if the ICN_Downloaded issue is resolved.
Use the Task Manager to End the Teams Processes
- Right-click on the Taskbar of your system and in the resulting menu, choose the Task Manager. You can also press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys and in the window shown, choose the Task Manager.
- Now, in the Processes tab, right-click on Teams.
- Then in the mini-menu, choose End Task and check if the ICN_Downloaded problem is solved.
Change the Startup Settings of the Teams Application
If you want to avoid the issue in the future, then you may edit the settings of the Teams application to stop the application from running after closing the application.
- Launch the Teams application, and click on your user’s name (near the top right of the Teams application).
- Now, uncheck the option of ‘On Close, Keep the Application Running‘ and close the Teams application to check if the ICN_Downloaded issue is resolved.