How to Record a PowerPoint Presentation
PowerPoint is a presentation program brought to you by Microsoft Office. It is considered as a very effective tool for creating high-quality presentations fully loaded with all kinds of graphics and animations. Most of the people these days are familiar with the process of creating the regular PowerPoint presentations however; very few people know that you can even record your PowerPoint presentations.
Now the question arises that why do you need to record your presentations in the first place. Well, imagine a scenario in which you are a professor at an educational institution. Your students are so used to your lectures that they cannot imagine anyone else delivering the lectures in your place even for a single day. You plan to take a leave from your work, sit back at home and relax but you are worried that your students will suffer. Fortunately, you do not need to get worried anymore because PowerPoint is right there at your service.
With the help of PowerPoint, you can simply prepare your lecture slides and then record the slide show while adding your audio explanations to it. In this way, your students can enjoy your lecture in the same way as if you would have been physically there to deliver the lectures. The biggest advantage of recording a PowerPoint presentation is that each slide is separately recorded. Therefore, if you feel the need for modifying the recording of any slide, you can do it very easily without having the need of modifying or recreating the whole presentation. In this article, we will explain to you the method through which you can record a PowerPoint presentation.
How to Record a PowerPoint Presentation?
In this method, we will tell you how you can record an already existing (you can also create a new one for this purpose if you want) PowerPoint presentation. For doing this, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Locate the PowerPoint presentation that you want to record and double click on it in order to open it as shown in the following image:
- Now click on the Slide Show tab located on the Menu Bar of your PowerPoint window as highlighted in the image shown above.
- On the Slide Show ribbon, click on the Record Slide Show dropdown list in order to expand it as highlighted in the image shown below:
- From the Record Slide Show dropdown list, you can either select the “Start Recording from Beginning” option or you can select the “Start Recording from Current Slide” option depending upon whether you want to record the whole slide show or you want to record the current slide and onwards. In this example, I want to record the whole slide show, therefore; I will select the first option. These options are shown in the following image:
- As soon as you will select your desired option, the Record Slide Show dialogue box will appear on your screen asking you what you want to record. There are the following two options for this: 1- Slide and Animation Timings 2- Narrations, Ink and Laser Pointer. Either you can select any one of these options or you can select both. After selecting the desired option, click on the Start Recording button as highlighted in the image shown below:
- As soon as you will click on this button, the recording of your slide show will immediately begin. On the recording dialogue box, you will have the following options: 1- You can go to the next slide by clicking on the arrowhead pointing towards right 2- You can pause the recording by clicking on the pause button 3- You can repeat the recording by clicking on the slightly u-shaped arrow 4- You can stop the recording by clicking on the cross “x” icon. You can also speak in your mic while recording your slide show. These options are highlighted in the following image:
- Once you have completed your recording, close the recording dialogue box by clicking on the “x” icon as highlighted in the image shown above.
- As soon as you will close your recording dialogue box, a speaker icon will appear on all those slides that you have recorded. In order to save your presentation along with the recording, click on the File option located on the Menu Bar of the PowerPoint window as highlighted in the image shown below:
- Now click on the Save As option as shown in the following image:
- Finally, choose an appropriate location for saving your PowerPoint presentation with recording and then click on the Save button as highlighted in the image shown below:
In this way, you can conveniently record your PowerPoint presentations while adding the desired audio or video snippets to them by following just a few simple steps.