Google Calendar is an online scheduling service provided by Google. Users can use multiple devices on a single account to see all the events they added on Google Calendar. A single change in the calendar will sync the change to all the devices that are using the same account Google Calendar. However, several Windows users are looking for a way to put Google Calendar on the desktop for easy access. In this article, we will share some methods for making quick access to Google Calendar on the desktop.
Method 1: Creating a Google Calendar Shortcut through Chrome
Google also provides chrome, so it is easier to use chrome for creating the Google Calendar shortcut. Google Chrome provides an option for creating a shortcut of any page for your desktop. You can open the shortcut through chrome or in a different window. You can create a Google Calendar shortcut by following the below steps:
- Open Google Chrome by double-clicking the shortcut on the desktop or searching through the search function.
- Go to your Google Calendar page with your account logged in.
- Click on the menu button in chrome, choose More tools, and select Create shortcut option.
- Mark the Open as Window option when creating a shortcut.
- You will find a Google Calendar shortcut on the desktop. Double-click the shortcut and Google calendar will open in its window by using chrome.
Note: You can also pin the shortcut to the taskbar and start menu by right-clicking the shortcut and choosing the Pin to taskbar or Pin to Start option.
Method 2: Adding Google Calendar to Windows Outlook Calendar
Windows has the calendar application already available in the system. You can see the date and time in the right corner of the taskbar. The default Calendar for Windows 10 supports Outlook, Exchange, Google, and iCloud accounts. You can sign in to your Google account in the default calendar to sync your Google Calendar and its events. You follow the below steps to add your Google account:
- Hold the Windows key and press R to open Run box. Type “outlookcal:” and Enter to open the Windows calendar app.
- Click on the Settings icon and choose Manage Accounts option.
- Click Add account button and a new window will pop up. Choose a Google account option in the new window.
- Now sign in to your Google account by providing an email address and password. After sign in, click the Allow button for trusting Windows.
- Finally, your Google calendar events and schedule will be synced to your Windows calendar. You can view it by clicking the normal calendar and time in the taskbar or by opening the calendar app.