Error WS-37397-9 is type of connection error on PS4 where PlayStation Network is ceases to work on the console. In most cases, this error occurs when PSN is offline or your IP address has been blocked for violating PlayStation Network’s terms and conditions. Common characteristics with this error include your inability to:
- Connect to the PlayStation Store
- Manage your account information including wallet charges and voucher entry
- Browse your download list
- Activate or deactivate your system
- Browse your trophies
- Use Remote Play via the Internet
The recommended ways to solve error WS-37397-9 on PS4 is to check the status of PSN and wait for it to get back online if it’s down or request for a new IP address. This guide provides a couple of fixes to solve this issue. While some of the methods may work for some users, other won’t.
Method 1: Checking the Status of The PlayStation Network
You first need to make sure the issue is from PSN and not you.
- Using a browser, visit https://status.playstation.com
- Select your country or region to check the network status of your area.
You will see all the services provided by PSN and its status – whether it’s online or not. If the services are running and you still get this error, it’s like you’ve been banned. Apply the steps in the other methods in this guide to solve your problem.
Method 2: Rebuilding the Database
- Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button and releasing it after you hear two beeps, indicating is completely off.
- Boot into the Safe Mode by holding the power again for another 7 seconds.
- Connect the DualShock 4 controller via USB and press the PS button on the controller.
- Scroll down the list of options and select Rebuild Database and press the X Once the process is complete the PS4 will restart.
- Go to Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection to run the Internet connection test.
Method 3: Using Google DNS
- Go to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection
- Select WiFi or LAN depending on how your PS4 is connected to your router
- Select Custom and use the following parameters:
IP Address Settings: Automatic DHCP
Host Name: Do Not Specify
DNS Settings: Manual
Primary DNS: 18.104.22.168
Secondary DNS: 22.214.171.124
MTU Settings: Automatic
Proxy Server: Do Not Use
Method 4: Changing your IP Address
This is the ultimate way to solve Error WS-37397-9. Changing your IP address to a new one will give you a new connection and grant you access to PSN. Use the tips below.
- Change your router or modem
- Contact your ISP to change your IP address
- If you ISP offers dynamic IPs, wait for a few days and try to reconnect.