Windows 10 Creator Update is finally here, but with a lot of issues. The one that has given a sick taste to gamers is the low fps issue being capped at 30 or 60 frames/ps, this issue has made it’s way into Creators Update from the Anniversary Update. As per Microsoft, the issue currently seems to be affecting the users of Broadwell GPU but from the data we gathered, it is affecting other GPU’s as well. In General, there are a couple of fixes that we’ve found online that may help listed below.
If you are using the Broadwell GPU then download and install the latest driver from here and if the issue persists after updating the driver, then follow the Methods listed below.
Method 1: Turn off Game bar
This issue is usually caused by Game Bar settings. So what we need to do here to fix this is to turn off the recording feature from the Game bar settings, in order to do this:
- Hold the Windows Key and Press I.
- Choose Gaming -> Game Bar
- Turn off the “ON” switch by clicking “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar”
- And uncheck “Show game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified”.
Method 2: Disable Game DVR
Some users have also reported that the issue appears to be originating from Game DVR.
- Click Start
- Type Xbox
- Open the Xbox App
- Go to Settings
- Choose Game DVR
- and Turn Off “Take screenshots using Game DVR“
Some users have reported that after the restart, changes are reverted and fps is lowered again if this is the case, then follow these steps below:
- Hold the Windows Key and Press R
- Type regedit.exe and Click OK
- In the path (address bar) on top of registry editor type the following path
- Double Click the value called value and set the value to 00000000
Method 3: Uninstall graphic driver with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a driver removal utility that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, driver store).
You can download DDU here and then follow the steps from Method 1 @ Display Adapter or GPU Showing Yellow Exclamation Mark
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using the Reimage Plus Software which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Reimage Plus by Clicking Here