Error com.google.process gapps appears as “the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped” or “google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly”. Gapps stands for Google Apps. This error comes up when the app in question is unable to connect to servers, has timed our or is not in sync.
In this guide, i will list down two methods for you incase the first one doesn’t works try the second one and that should work.
Method 1: Reset Apps
1. Go to Settings
2. Tap Application Manager or Apps
3. Tap All (if available) or Slide to All
4. Tap the touch button to open menu/properties and choose “Reset Apps” or “Reset App Preferences“. This won’t delete the apps, it’s only going to reset them.
Method 2: Disable and Re-enable Download Manager
1. Go to Settings
2. Tap Apps
3. Locate Download Manager and open App Details
4. Disable it, then re-enable it and Test.
If your has the option to refresh apps, then try this as well.
Method 3: Restart Google Framework Services
1. Go to Settings and Tap Apps
2. Tap All Apps or Swipe to All and then open Google Services Framework App
3. Open App Details and Tap Force Stop then Tap Clear Cache and test.
Method 4: Reset/Restore your Android Device to it’s factory settings
If none of the method above work; then do a factory reset on your device. Try a soft reset first; followed by hard reset if the soft reset doesn’t work. To reset; checkout the android factory reset guide
Method 5: Swiftkey
The issue has been reported with the Swiftkey users as well. If anyone has been using Swiftkey try updating it to the latest version.
User Suggested Methods:
I have got an alternate method who have rooted their phone. Install ES explorer (or any file manager with root permissions). Go to device/system/priv-app/gmscore.apk. install the gmscore.apk. this solved my problem which even persisted after a hard reset also….. Let me know if this works for u
I talked to a Samsung technician. She told me to remove my battery from the back of my Samsung S5 for a minute or 2. Replace the battery and turn on the phone. The gapp message was gone. My phone is working ok now. Patricia