We all know that gaming on a Mac is not popular, but some traditions have changed. In the past, this was able only for Xbox 360 controller, but the latest software which we will be using also supports Xbox One Controllers.
Step 1: Cleaning your Mac (for space)
Before we get into installing new hardware and software let’s remind you how important cleaning your mac actually is. You need to have more space on your mac so once we install new software it can work perfectly. You can download CleanMyMac and release of some data.
Step 2: Installing the drivers and connecting the Xbox One Controller to Mac
Once your Mac is cleaned up, you can continue with installing the needed drivers. If you don’t have Xbox wired controller, you can buy one to the nearest shop for around 40 to 50 $. Follow these steps to install the driver correctly:
- Download and install the latest release of 360 Controller driver.
- Once the installation is done, reboot your Mac.
- After rebooting, you can find the Xbox 360 Controllers in the System Preferences.
Once you have the drivers installed, you can see that there are No Devices Found on your Mac.
- Simply plug in the controller to your Mac. You may need USB C to USB A cable for this step.
- Click OK and go to System Preferences.
- Choose Security and Privacy and under the General tab. Then, choose Lock at the bottom left.
- Type in your password when asked, and select Unlock.
- Now, select Allow. Your wired controller should be connected now.
Bonus: Connecting Xbox One S controller
If you own an Xbox One S controller with Bluetooth, you can use it without any additional software or hardware. Just follow the steps:
- On the top of the controller, there is a pairing button.
- Press it and hold it for a few seconds.
- Go to System Preferences in the Apple menu and choose Bluetooth.
- You will see Wireless Controller.
- Select it and click Pair.
- Once the pairing is done, you can enjoy your games.
We hope this was a helpful article for all you Mac gamers out there.