Google Chrome is one of the most used browsers of all time and it contains the majority of the browser market share. This wasn’t always the case but its fast load speeds and easy to use interface has pulled a lot of audience over the years.
Sometimes, you might need to block certain websites, for example, to configure the computer for office use or restrict some websites for your home use. Therefore, in this article, we will teach you how to block websites on Google Chrome using an extension.
How To Block Websites On Google Chrome?
Chrome allows you to add numerous extensions to the browser. This feature can also be used to block websites therefore in this step we are going to add an extension which we will later configure to block websites for that
- Navigate to this page
- Click on the “Add to Chrome” button
- Click on “Add Extension” again and it will begin to download the extension
- Chrome will automatically download the extension and begin to install it on the browser
- Once it is installed it will automatically open the webpage of the extension
- However, if the webpage doesn’t open up automatically, click on the Extension’s icon in the top right corner
- Click on the Gear icon from the dropdown
- It will now open up the Settings webpage of the site, type the address of the site you want to block in the address bar and click on the “+” button to block it
- Also, you can block the website by visiting it.
- Once on the website that you want to block, click on the Extension’s icon on the top right
- Select “Block Website” to block the website.
Note: If you click on the Extension’s icon you will also see a button that enables or disables the extension. Make sure it is enabled in order to block the websites. You can also try to set up redirection by clicking on the Redirection button in the extension settings page and typing the address of the site you want to redirect to. Due to this, the users will now be redirected to that site whenever they try to use a website that is blocked.