While trying to play the just launched Halo Infinite multiplayer, various users have been encountering a DirectX error. As per the error message, the reason for the error is the absence of compatible hardware. This essentially means that your system requirements do not meet the minimum requirements that have been set by Microsoft for the Halo Infinite game. In addition to that, in some cases, the problem can also arise when your GPU drivers are not up to date or when you do not have DirectX 12 installed on your computer. In this article, we will take you through a couple methods that can help you resolve the problem.
As it turns out, Halo Infinite is set to release on the 8th of December officially. However, for the 20th anniversary of the game, Microsoft has released the multiplayer version of the game ahead of the official launch date in order to commemorate the day. To get this issue resolved, you will first have to check and make sure that you have the latest graphics drivers installed on your computer. In addition to that, it is really important that you have a graphics card that is compatible with DirectX 12. In case your GPU is not, then that is what’s causing the problem and in such a scenario, there are no possible workarounds for you — you will need to shop for a new graphics card.
Before starting off, we recommend going through the list of the minimum system requirements that have been made available quite a while ago by the dev team. Ensure that you meet the requirements and if you still encounter the issue, then this article should help you through the problem. With that said, let us get started and show you how to resolve the error message in question.
Update Graphics Drivers
As it turns out, one of the reasons, like we have mentioned, that you may encounter the problem in question is when your graphics drivers are not up to date. This happens very often when a new game is newly released. For this purpose, driver updates are often released that further improve the performance of the game on some GPUs while also fixing any known issues that might be occurring.
Graphics drivers are really important on any computer especially when it comes down to gaming and other multimedia related stuff. If your graphics are not up to date, you will certainly stumble on an issue because of your graphics drivers. If this case is applicable to you, it can be easily resolved by checking if there are any updates available for the drivers. To do this, follow the instructions that have been given down below:
- First of all, open up the Device Manager window by searching for it in the Start Menu.
- Once the Device Manager window is open, expand the Display adapters list.
- Now, right click on your graphics drivers and from the drop down menu, click the Update driver option provided.
- On the follow up window, click on the Search automatically for drivers option. By doing this, Windows will automatically check for any updates available for your GPU and then install them. However, this may not always update your driver.
- Alternatively, you can also manually update the graphics drivers on your computer. This is what we recommend to do as well.
- To do this, go ahead and check which GPU is installed on your computer.
- Once you have done that, open up your web browser and head to your manufacturer’s website.
- From there, download the latest drivers that are available for your card.
- Once you have downloaded the latest drivers, run the installer and go through the on screen prompts to install the drivers.
- After the drivers have been installed, you might be asked to restart your computer, do so.
- Once your PC boots up, see if the problem is still there when you launch Halo Infinite.
Reinstall DirectX 12
Finally, another thing that you can try to resolve the problem is to reinstall DirectX 12 on your computer. In some cases, the issue may arise when you do not have the latest version of DirectX installed i.e. DirectX 12. As it turns out, Halo Infinite requires a GPU that is compatible with DirectX 12 so you will have to install the software alongside the hardware. The installation process is pretty simple and you can easily get DirectX from Microsoft’s website. To install DirectX 12 on your computer, follow the instructions that are given down below:
- First of all, head to Microsoft’s website to download DirectX by clicking here.
- Once you are there, click on the Download button provided which will automatically download the latest version of DirectX for you.
- After it has finished downloading, run the setup file.
- Accept the agreement and then click the Next button.
- You can choose to install Bing Bar. If you do not wish to, simply uncheck the Install the Bing Bar option provided. Then, click Next.
- At this point, the installation will start so just wait for it to complete.
- Once that is done, click the Finish button.
- After that, go ahead and try to launch the game to see if the problem is still there.
In case you are still facing the issue even after trying these methods, then it is very likely that your system does not meet the minimum requirements. In such a case, there is no real solution for you except to buy hardware that will be able to run the game for you.