The error “the remote device or resource won’t accept the connection” often occurs when there is an incorrect configuration amongst your network settings on your computer. You might have a proxy gate enabled or your IE settings might be wrongly configured.
This error is very common and usually arises when you try to access the internet using any browser. There are few quick workarounds for this issue. Take a look.
Solution 1: Disabling Proxy Settings
If you use proxy settings for your work or university, it is possible that this is causing the issue. Proxy settings provide another path for the internet to work. This implementation is mainly done in institutions or workplaces who don’t allow full internet access or monitor it. You can try disabling the proxy server, get a working internet connection without proxy and check if this solves our case.
- Press Windows + S to launch the search bar of your start. Type “proxy” in the dialogue box and select the first result which comes forth.
- Press LAN Settings button present at the near end of the window.
- Uncheck the box which says “Use a proxy server for your LAN”. Press Ok to save changes and exit.
- Now check if the problem got fixed.
Solution 2: Resetting IE Settings
Another solution which worked for many people was resetting the IE settings. It is possible that the internet explorer settings are not configured properly and this might be causing the issue at hand. Backup your bookmarks and other settings as they might be lost in this solution.
- Now, will reset internet explorer’s settings to make sure that the problem doesn’t occur due to any bad configurations. Press Windows + R, type “inetcpl.cpl” and press Enter.
- Once in internet options, navigate to the advanced tab. Click “Reset” present at the near bottom of the screen.
- Check the option “Delete personal settings” when the new window comes forth. Click “Reset”.
Note: This action will reset the internet explorer. All your add-ons will be disabled and all your home pages will be reset. Proceed at your own risk.
- Now restart your computer and check if this made any difference.
Solution 3: Disabling Antivirus Software, Firewall, and Content Blockers
We can try disabling your Firewall and check if the problem gets solved. Windows Firewall monitors your incoming and outgoing internet data and packets. It also blocks some connections or some applications from installation if they don’t fulfill its criteria. You should also disable any antivirus software which is enabled on your computer. Furthermore, disable content blockers of any kind. Numerous reports indicated that they were the source of the problem too.
- Press Windows + R button to bring up the Run application. In the dialogue box type “control panel”. This will open your computer’s control panel in front of you.
- In the top right there will be a dialogue box to search. Write firewall and click on the first option that comes as a result.
- Now at the left side, click the option which says “Turn Windows firewall on or off”. Through this, you can turn your firewall off easily.
- Select the option of “Turn off Windows Firewall” on both the tabs, Public and Private Networks. Save changes and exit. Restart your computer and check if the problem gets resolved.
Solution 4: Using Command Prompt
If you are trying to access a server in a specific domain, you might encounter this error. In this instance, it means that the remote connection to the target address failed. We can try executing an elevated command and check if this solves anything.
- Press Windows + S, type “command prompt”, right-click on the application and select “Run as administrator”.
- Once in elevated command prompt, execute the following instruction:
- Now check if the problem gets solved. Feel free to restart your computer after the execution.
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using the Reimage Plus Software which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Reimage Plus by Clicking Here