Now and then, Instagram introduces new features to help users connect with their friends easily. Connect contacts is one of the convenient features this platform offers. It enables you to sync your phone contacts with Instagram and display a list of people available on Instagram.
Not only this helps you connect with friends and family but it also saves a great deal of time. You don’t have to search for each user manually and scan all the search results. This approach works so rarely as hundreds of Instagram users have the same name.
If you are unfamiliar with this option, we can guide you step by step on how to enable contact syncing and take advantage of this facility.
As we know Instagram launches new updates frequently, and the settings options also change with these updates. Therefore, we’ve made sure to mention the steps available on the latest Instagram version.
Note: This method works only if the person you are trying to reach via the Discover people option has connected his/her Instagram account with the phone number.
- Go to phone Settings and type Instagram in the search bar.
- Tap on Instagram > Permissions.
- Turn on the toggle for the Contacts option.
- Open your Instagram app and tap on your profile icon.
- Tap the Hamburger menu at the top right corner of your screen.
- Once here, select Settings from the list of options.
- Now, go to Account > Contact syncing > Connect contacts. Make sure that the toggle is switched on.
- Lastly, return to your profile page and tap the Profile icon > See all under the Discover people section.
Here, you will be able to view all of the friends or Instagram users who are on your phone’s contact list. By using this method, you can easily find any individual’s Instagram account and utilize this feature for efficient results in a quick and simple manner.